Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
When do coincidences stop being coincidences and start being 'something else'?
May 11, 2010
2:50 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2526sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the hugs...not my day...

Has anyone ever seen visions? I wasa talking with a friend of mine today about seeing images flash in front of me....I am not on drugs or have any mental illness...or physically ill...I am serious and putting people on and I am nit possessed by the devil either...

Thought this thread might be the place tyo discuss this...if not...sorry I apolouze and can start a new one too...please let me know...I need to talk to people who might unbderstand me....thanks

May 11, 2010
4:44 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2527sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I need to take a break from the support side....for awhile...my abuse issues are surfacing again and I am not able to defend myself...so should I start a thread on visions or what? Thanks

May 11, 2010
5:01 pm
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
Forum Posts: 104
2528sp_Permalink sp_Print

THANKS Alien! No I don't see 11's very often. I usually see 3's. I used to wake up sometimes and the clock would say 3:33. Better then 666! LOL

Yes, thank goodness Mercury goes direct today. To be safe though I'd wait until the 13th to start or sign anything new.

((((BFG)))) Sorry you're having a bad day. Celebrate my birthday with me!

Yes, I've seen MANY things. You've found the right thread to discuss away!

Love,

Hep

May 11, 2010
5:14 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2529sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy bday! Do you drink? If so here is an virtual toast to you!!! If not...will make it w/ alcohol!

Its been a rough day...I am starting to have some anxiety attacks today...my heart won't stop racing...I am.on meds for depression...so maybe its in my mind too....

Anywhoo...I see flashes of peoples faces, events ands etc...not constant but enough to make me wonder...what in tHe heck is going on?!

May 11, 2010
5:28 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2530sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am not in need of mewdication...I am not mentally ill...on drugs and I rarely drink...

I believe there must be somerthing to this...for a long time I shunned that I even had these experiences..when I was a christian the church said it was my sin to acknowledge this....

What is the church afraid of anyway??? Why was I told it was wrong to experience this...what knowledge is being hidden from us?

May 11, 2010
6:01 pm
MsGuided
Golden Horseshoe.ca
Members
2531sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Birthday Hep!

I stopped at a locally "famous" bakery and picked up some Chocolate iced Choco Chip Bunzzzz....Eat it before my son gets home!LOL

(((BFG)))

When i wasn't working last winter i was almost drowning in negative emotions. Felt trapped in a way. THis was the crisis stage when everything hit me at once by surprise. Working through that was a nightmare.

It took about 2 months for me to level off, be able to control those negative thoughts.

All i could do was get my attention back to focusing on what was positive, and work, I mean WORK toward making it better. It meant tackling my problems head on too. I needed some help and i asked for it, from those i trusted, without guilt. Finding strategies, speaking to people to problem solve and for support sometimes, was also part of it. I got myself into social activities that were cheap or free ( mainly visiting galleries, going to the odd event and keeping social)

One thing i did was cut all contact with those who made me feel depressed and not take on other peoples burdens.

When you feel like you're
"drowning" all ya can do is take care of yourself and your immediate family. Simplify things a bit.

Also push negative self talk out with affirmatives. Cognitive therapy is more effective than meds in the longrun. VERY important to start woking on more positive inner dialog and switching to being active in something beneficial.

Here's a start, then google the terminology and find sites that show you ways to curb negative thinking.

"You are What you Think_ What are Cognitive Distortions?"

http://depression.about.com/cs.....nitive.htm

The visions MAY be due to being overwhelmed by depressive thoughts. May be due to exhaustion or a chemical imbalance.

It's great to look on the outside for inspiration but none of that works unless we work on what's inside our heads.

I try to balance both. I still have lots of work to do, but for now my depression has lifted most days.

I'm just offering some tools, but post away about what's happening.

If anyones interested here I got an interesting M_day card from my son. It was called "the Labyrinth" ( He really gets my taste. Bought me some scented candles and incense) It came from a studio called Duirwaigh. Here is the site.

http://www.duirwaigh.com

The site is full of inspirational stuff and writings. The business owners are unconventional, to say the least, but VERY talented and uplifting.

Check out the "Our Tribe" page and read.

http://www.duirwaigh.com/our-c.....unity.html

Here's an exerpt:

"The Too Good and True - an Introduction

About two years ago, I created a collage with the words "Always Settle for More: more joy, more grace, more laughter, more faith, more wings where there were wounds." And this piece of art started me thinking about where and how I'd settled for less. What were my self-imposed barriers? Limitations?.....etc etc. "

Enjoy and Be well!

May 11, 2010
6:26 pm
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
2532sp_Permalink sp_Print

(((BFG)))

I'm a little confused. You wrote you're on meds for depression, but you don't need meds? You also don't like your doc. Maybe you need to get a second opinion? And there is a certain way of going off meds. You can't just stop cold turkey. The with-drawl sometimes can be worse then the original problem. One has to be weaned off of psych drugs. There are doctors out there who are more into homeopathic medicine and will know about psych drug with-drawl.

Most organized religions work off of fear. That's how they control the congregation. Most don't want you to know that there are alternative spiritual ways of thinking. Then there's the money end of it......

I suffer from anxiety attacks too. It's a fear of the unknown. Certain things will trigger them, it gets in my head and then my body will go into emergency mode. Emergency mode being rapid heart beat, cold sweat, dizziness, etc.

What are some of these events you see? And do you know the people you see or are they strangers? What do they look like? Maybe talking about this will help? Please post only what you're comfortable with. I'm not a big fan of the word "Sin". It's a negative word.

May 11, 2010
8:13 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2533sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry...yes I am on meds for depression but what I meant was I am not on pstcotic meds for delusions or etc.mm

I have seen images of people I do not know starting around 20 yrs ago...lately the faces have taken on a distorted look...terrifying even.

Once I seen a kidnapping while walking in a park on a beautiful sunny day...just once.

About 15 yrs ago I seen arms reaching out to me and a voice calling my name...never happened again thank god.

Now its just random people...usually in the sun...walking...and other times its someone distorted looking who looks evil...

I am not a drug user or abuse alcohol and I have no history of that...I was poisoned at the age of 3...almoast died...

Its just so random and is short lived...

May 11, 2010
8:20 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2534sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I do not think its physical or mental...I am not always stressed when this has happened...sometimes things are going well when it happens too....

I just wondered how normal this was and maybe its something eLse or is it a physical disorder or even undiagnosed mental illness?

I endured a life of misery. Will not go into it...but I came out oddly ok...I do not trust therapists all that much....I had one good one and it took me a long time to find her...then we moved...

Anyone experience this and if so why did you?

May 12, 2010
2:06 am
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
2535sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks MsG! We must have posted at the same time. I hate when that happens! You always give me homework! lol Or maybe that was for BFG?

I need to think a little more about your post BFG. I have a few ideas on why you might see these kinds of things. It's along the same basic principle as what MsG was saying. Seems you have been stuck a long time in the negative. It's probably a combination of things. One being you have a "high frequency" where most of us hover in the "low frequecy" area. People with a higher frequency "see" more. It also sounds like you might be spiritually bankrupt and need a boost in that area?

And thank you for the bday wish. I'll have a vodka/cranberry.....

May 12, 2010
11:06 am
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2536sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am not really all that negative, if anything I believe i am rather positive...I work out every day and look a decade younger than I am...I have a really good life, but I also have family abuse issues from my past that I am just kinda of stuck in I guess...

As far as being spiritually bankrupt well what can I say to that, I think for that to happen you would have to have a belief in a god or something else, which I do not seem to have anymore, at one time I did...

And I am pretty much ok with that too, I am thinking maybe its my hormones and just stress in general maybe..overall i am for the most part a pretty happy person and I tend to try to look on the bright side of things...I am not always successful but I try...

I am not sure if I believe in a afterlife of sorts or anykind, maybe who knows, i am not fully convinved of that at this point in my life...

thanks for your repsones too!

May 12, 2010
11:10 am
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2537sp_Permalink sp_Print

Msguided that is basically what I had done, I had cut off contract with the N's in my life and others who are not healthy for us to be around...I do have one healthy friend who I tresure, she is very level headed and keeps me grounded well:) I honstly do not know what I do without her...

I have a tendency to get over involved in other people lives, want to help too much, fix too much and I have cut that out, esp when i am weak or having a off period in my life...I now try to focus on us and I even been going to bed earlier and earlier anymore...

I think the current world situation doesn't help matters any too, there is just so much going on in the world today, that its scares me ALOT...

thanks again for your posts!!

May 12, 2010
12:46 pm
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
2538sp_Permalink sp_Print

Morning All,

BFG, have you done any work towards recovery for co-dependency? After reading your posts, IMHO, those visions of evil people is the abuse from your past haunting you.

For whoever is interested:

Here is some information regarding codependent communication:

Our communication patterns often reflect our fear. For example, when we are with angry people, we may "walk on eggshells." If this approach is a conscious choice to take care of ourselves, then that's OK. However, in some situations with angry people, we may discover that we have been habitually irresponsible or dishonest with ourselves and others, using manipulative "weasel" words when we communicate. These are expressions such as "I'm not sure," (when we are) or "maybe," (when we know it's "definitely") or "I'm sorry," (when we're really not), or "I guess," (when we're not guessing at all). With any of the above expressions, we may or may not be aware of our true feelings. If we are aware but are not being verbal and honest, then we are being controlled by our fear. If we are not aware of our true feelings, then such expressions may allow us to continue to stay out of touch with those feelings.

Weasel words soften the blow of our feelings and opinions and allow us to hedge our bets, and thereby, control other people's reactions. In some cases, such expressions also allow us to avoid facing our own wants and desires and never know our true feelings. It's incredible to think about, but it is possible to spend one's whole life saying, "I'm not sure," "I don't know what to do," or "I've got mixed feelings." Sometimes, we may really not know what to do or really have mixed feelings and that's OK. However, we must be careful that we are being honest with ourselves.

If we look closely at the feelings and attitudes behind most codependent communication, we discover a host of fears, fears of commitment: shame, a core belief in our own lack of worth, or others' anger and abandonment.

The major problem with this unhealthy communication is that we dishonor ourselves. Every time we fail to honor our precious thoughts and feelings for the sake of pleasing others, we sell ourselves out as well. Our true self may be in pain or furious, but we walk around with a plastic smile on our face.

May 12, 2010
2:36 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2539sp_Permalink sp_Print

Omgosh...I do that a lot cause I am scared how people will react or maybe even not be liked anymore...

I have seen my father dead in a coffin a few times...I can't explain the pain and fear of that one vision...

I guess I do come across wshy washy at times...and not long ago a friend whom made me feel hurt turned things around on me and really hurt me.

I am now glad that I had ended things cause she only wanted me around when no one more interesting was around and for a long time I knew this...I allowed myself to be used by her...cause I was so lonely...

Some visions are in fact ok and do not scare me...and just are ordinary people...using walking in the sun...

This is hard...but I have to talk about it...I am glad you believe me...I am happy to have found open minded people here...

May 12, 2010
2:42 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2540sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have read codependent no more once about 12 yrs ago...I think I was like this with my exf....not sure if expecting a friend to be there for you is really wrong imho.....I always thought if I wasa there for them...they should be there for me too.

May 12, 2010
10:15 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2541sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hepburn...I hope your recovered from your bday yesterday!!!

I stop celebrating mine after age 40 for some reason...ugh.

Anyhow, have a good night all and thanks again for your posts...

I am exhausted and need sleep!

May 13, 2010
8:37 am
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2542sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sin...

Been thinking about the concept of sin lately...yes sin is a negative term...it always seemed to me that when someone long ago set up the religion of the place, time etc sin was always there to control people and add salt to the injury...

As in the bible...the evil prostitute who was sinful but now found god...ok...who made her this way? Someone hurt her early on to rob of her self respect...took away self worth and then when she acted out...she is a whore? Wow....honestly someone somewhere got off scotchfree while this woman took all the blame...

Same thing with many other sins like anger...well what was anger before? Hurtn grief...which never got resolved. Talk avout blaming the victim.

May 13, 2010
11:22 am
bereft
Members
2543sp_Permalink sp_Print

When we sin we have no one to blame but ourselves.

May 13, 2010
11:42 am
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2544sp_Permalink sp_Print

The deadly sins are really just the aftermath of abuse in ones life...

pain, saddness turns to anger without help, many have no help or even are aware that they need help, so why tell them they are sinful by compounding that? It is making the person who was hurt, at fault, which is not "very christian" is it?

I think that someone devleoped the word "sin" in order to keep people down and in their place...

A person is who is truly loved, raised with compassion and understanding seldom ever "Sins" in the way a abused person does...

Sin is created at the hands of an abuser...Sin is used as a control tactic to further hurt people even more...

that is my opinion of course! 🙂

May 13, 2010
5:01 pm
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
2545sp_Permalink sp_Print

(((BFG)))

There was a big ol long thread regarding this and organized religion in general. Can't remember the name of it. Maybe if someone reads this they will remember it, and you can check it out.

But as far as your visions go, I have a friend who has a high frequency and she sees things all the time. She and I have discussed her visions a few times over the years. We could all see these things if we practiced upping our frequency. I particularly don't want to see too much. So I'm xnaying on the visionaying. LOL In order for a person with a low frequency to see a spirit, that spirit has to lower it's frequency. People have different levels, depending on where they are at on their path.

I do believe there are those spirits who live in the light and those that do not. When ever I meditate or practice any kind of channelling I always protect myself first. Spirits that live in the shadows are actually attracted to the light, so they are right on the edge and will try and get attention.

There is always going to be a positive and a negative. Dark and light. Yin and Yang. It's up to us to choose which way we want to go.

May 13, 2010
9:19 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2546sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am guessing since we are made of energy...we do not go away after death...that makes sense to me...I do believe in good and evil..cause I seen both...if that exists in this world then it has to ewxist in whatewver comes later on I suppose.

For some reason...green grass...sunlight and people I never met seem to be the common thread to these visions and then the total opposaite too but its rarer...people or monsters so scary looking that I know there is no freaking way I can imagine this on my own as its way beyond my imagination...

I usually have very vivid symbolic dreams...once I seen a monster...knew what it was but could not see the face...I ran up my uncles cerllar steps as if it had caught me iu would of been sent to hell....I never felt that scared in my life....I mean with everything combined in life that one moment felt like what a hell would be if it existed or does...who knows...

I would prefer not to see this...its too confusing and drains me of my thoughts...thabkfully it doesn't happen everday...

May 14, 2010
11:38 am
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
2547sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, I agree. It's all about energy.

I have dreamt about some pretty awful things too. So unsettling that I couldn't shake it off for days. Usually those things would happen when something was going on in my life. Or I had met a new person and was being warned. Thankfully I don't get those too often.

May 14, 2010
11:40 am
Hepburn
Los Angeles, California
Members
2548sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey RED! Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about ya! Sending positive energy your way! Hope to hear from you soon.

May 14, 2010
1:40 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 49
2549sp_Permalink sp_Print

Interesting thread you all have here.

May 14, 2010
2:39 pm
BAREFOOTGIRL
Members
2550sp_Permalink sp_Print

I never thought about it as a warning....mmmm.

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 111089
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38628
Newest Members:
thomson, BenjaminGresham, answerhope, kenseeley, soofibeauty, lifesyncm
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer | Do Not Sell My Personal Information