Avatar
Please consider registering
guest
sp_LogInOut Log In
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Conversations with God
June 27, 2008
12:09 pm
Avatar
jv63
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello OMW

I spoke with God today too. He said he loves you very much and is still there for us allways. The mystery of Gods love for his people is mind boggling to us all. I do want to point out that his mercy is also so vast and mysterious it boggles my mind. You have no doubt read the scripture that his ways are far above ours. I have to remind myself every day that people like guest_guest are also Gods children and he loves us all the same even though people deny him and say nasty things to his followers he still loves everybody without conditions.

I hurts me to see this ugly talk on here from certain people however if these self proclaimed athiest's really didn't believe in God they wouldn't post these remarks. i think people are definatly looking for something or they wouldn't take the time to put the believers down.

and finally i am reminded of the Apostle Paul who at point in his life had a sudden convertion experience I believe on the road to damaskus.

God never tires of hearing your petitons and prayers of praise and thankgiving. I never get tired of hearing my brothers and sisters in Christ share thier walk of faith.

Peace be with you OMW

JV

June 27, 2008
6:37 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi jv63,

Thank you, you made me smile.

God Bless,
have a great weekend!
omw

June 27, 2008
6:41 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

ah-h-h my dear Tez and guest_guest,

ya get a whole bunch of people who love God, or even three, and they sing a song like the song below....it is sweeter than anything you have ever known. Because you see...God is a refuge of Tower and Strength, and the mountains will roar, and they will bow down at the sound of His name. 🙂

Lyrics by HILLSONG AUSTRALIA

My Jesus, My Savior
Lord there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My Comfort, My Shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You
(Chorus)
Shout to the Lord, all the earth
Let us sing. Power and majesty, praise to the King.
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in
YOU!

(chorus)
My Jesus, My Savior
Lord there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My Comfort, My Shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You

(Chorus)
Shout to the Lord, all the earth
Let us sing. Power and majesty, praise to the King.
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in
YOU!
(bridge)
let the earth sing
i declare your great name
all of my life i will
with all of my breath
i will praise you
lift it up, life it up

(chorus)

nothing compares to you
i shout your praise
nothing compares to you
Nothing compares to the promise I have in YOU!

June 28, 2008
7:54 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests

On my way
27-Jun-08.

You wrote:

"God is a refuge of Tower and Strength, and the mountains will roar, and they will bow down at the sound of His name. :)"

To which God do you refer? The God of the Israelites? Or the Eqyption Gods? Or a Roman God perhaps? But you might be refering to one of the Hindu Gods?

You see - there are so many Gods that man has created in his own image and likeness since time immemorial that it is hard to take your proclamations seriously. The whole bible story completely lacks any credibility except to the non-questioning, indoctrinated mind. These religious threads here amply demonstrate this point.

June 28, 2008
8:17 pm
Avatar
Giggles_29
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Very well put Jv63!!!! Couldn't agree with you more !!!!

June 29, 2008
8:31 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests

jv63

On the 27-Jun-08 you wrote:

"I hurts me to see this ugly talk on here from certain people however if these self proclaimed athiest's really didn't believe in God they wouldn't post these remarks. i think people are definatly looking for something or they wouldn't take the time to put the believers down."

Why is it that seriously questioning the rationality of Christian beliefs is seen by 'believers' as 'putting believers down'?

Rationally and critically questioning my belief in the non-existence of the Christian God would definitely not be seen by me as "putting me down". Perhaps this is because I have a very high regard for the truth. I am always eternally grateful to anyone who disabuses me of my delusions. The "definatly looking for something" to which you refer in your post, is the freedom from the superstitious religious beliefs that so inhibit human progress and evolution.

Please note that in regard to your words "ugly talk", both beauty and ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. It hurts me to see people not realizing this.

June 29, 2008
8:58 pm
Avatar
hopeful for change
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

One God whom loves all. There is no seperate god for seperate nations. If you are looking for someone to argue with the arguement is only to be within yourself. If you have questions of your faith or questions of Christianity maybe you could set down with a pastor.

There are also some greatly recommended books one is called A case for Christ. Where an Aethiest Journalist married a Christian. From what I have been told, have not read the book.

However it isnt polite whatever your religion or not to try to smeer people or try to just be mean or cause strife or trouble.

June 29, 2008
10:21 pm
Avatar
bevdee
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 259
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

No one can insult you, smear you or put you down - unless the seeds of doubt already lie within.

Why are critical thinkers trouble makers?

June 30, 2008
10:23 am
Avatar
jv63
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tez

you know darn well that your remarks are ugly and hurtful to others. You don't need to say those things unless your uncertain. the fact that you can't live and let live is all the proof i need. as far as your other ridiculous remarks it is obvious to me that you are despratly seeking a connection with God through Jesus and I support you all the way. Hang in there Tez and i will keep praying for you to make that connection.
jv

June 30, 2008
7:31 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests

jv63

On the 30-Jun-08 you wrote:

"you know darn well that your remarks are ugly and hurtful to others."

I know no such thing. You are projecting your thinking into my head - a common overgeneralization error. Because you perceive something as being ugly you presume that all others must see it the same way.

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder - no where else. I find all female hippopotami ugly - most male hippos don't.

However, what I do know is that if someone's feelings of security and wellbeing are largely dependent upon their religious beliefs and those beliefs are logically and critically challenged, then they tend to fear that they might have 'backed the wrong horse'. This can cause such a response as yours. Perhaps you might like to explain why you feel so 'put out' or 'put down' - as the case may be!

I am not responsible for the feelings of others. You are responsible for your own feelings of insecurity as well as any irrational beliefs that might cause you problems.

You also wrote:

"You don't need to say those things unless your uncertain."

How can anyone argue with such befuddled logic?

I would have thought the exact opposite was true. I need to say these things because of my conviction that religious beliefs are damaging human progress and evolution.

You also wrote:

"the fact that you can't live and let live is all the proof i need.

The number of Christian posts on this thread by far outnumber mine. Since you are the one who appears to want to stop me airing my alternative views freely, not the reverse, I would have thought that your statement applied to you not me.

Why would you not engage me is a fruitful discussion therein presenting your logically derived and critical analysis to substantiate the veracity of your beliefs?

After all claims are being made on this thread that "conversations with God" are taking place. If I started a thread entitled, "Conversations with the Tooth Fairy" how would you react? In a similar manner as I have, I suspect. You would probably feel sorry for me and try to show me how deluded my beliefs were.

You also wrote:

"... it is obvious to me that you are despratly seeking a connection with God through Jesus ..."

How on earth could you concoct such a way out notion?

Could this be an exemplar that amply demonstrates the irrational thinking of the religious mind? If you truly believe this statement of yours to be true then you would obviously believe anything.

I rest my case.

July 1, 2008
1:43 pm
Avatar
Giggles_29
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My faith is strong enough that I don't care what others say about my beliefs. I know what's in my heart and so does God, that's all that matters to me. 🙂

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.

I just think that they should let people just post and not have to try to argue them.

July 1, 2008
4:21 pm
Avatar
jv63
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

oh Tez
Naw I am just trying to rile you up. it obviously worked. my real point hre is that your logic sounds just as disjointed to me. If we were actually face to face I would propose a wager. and I would bet you any amount of money I could muster up that you will some day come face to face with the Lord and your knee will bend your head will bow and your toung will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. I know when that day arrives you certainly won't be thinking about me. Until then please continue your quest. and I certainly agree that you have every right in the world to believe that you crawled out of a primordial ozz 1 cell at a time created in a cipher that wanders aimless nowhere.

But I have seen enough people like ypou in my life time to know that in the wee cold small hours of the dark night your heart longs for the Lord weather you have the honesty to admit it or not.

jv

July 2, 2008
4:30 am
Avatar
free
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 433
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Following the ways of Jesus or any "good" religious practice for that matter, has always been ridiculed by young people guest. You're idea that God ain't cool isn't original. Sorry.

"Cool" is often self destructive and self defeating behavior.

Unfortunately.

free

July 3, 2008
6:28 am
Avatar
Guest
Guests

jv63

On 1-Jul-08 you wrote:

"But I have seen enough people like ypou in my life time to know that in the wee cold small hours of the dark night your heart longs for the Lord weather you have the honesty to admit it or not."

You mean like my "heart longs for the" Tooth Fairy to save my imaginary 'soul' from the fires of the imaginary 'hell'? What an imagination you have.

And you wrote:

"I certainly agree that you have every right in the world to believe that you crawled out of a primordial ozz 1 cell at a time created in a cipher that wanders aimless nowhere."

Just as you have the right to choose to believe the mythology of ancient Israel, I certainly have the right to believe that - assuming I did believe that of course. Once again you have amply demonstrated your fanciful imaginings. I believe no such thing. It wasn't 'me' that crawled out of anything then. I wasn't even born.

You confessed:

"your logic sounds just as disjointed to me."

Not being either a logical or a critical thinker, at least not as you have demonstrated in the domain of your religious belief, you would understandably not be able to follow any sound, logical argument at any depth.

Then you wrote:

"If we were actually face to face I would propose a wager."

Such a wager is nonsense. How could I ever pick up my winnings? I'd be long dead when infinity time is ever approached in the limit(a mathematical concept), and no JC appeared because he also will have been long dead 2000+ years before me too. In fact by then planet earth, having either been sucked into a black hole or undergone heat death, will be either non-existent or barren of all life, respectively.

And you also wrote:

"oh Tez Naw I am just trying to rile you up. "

Is this objective a Christian virtue?

Why on earth would you want to do that?

What were your motives and intentions behind such an objective?

Would your Christ have sanctioned such an objective, if he was alive today?

July 3, 2008
10:40 am
Avatar
jv63
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Of course he would tez.
Jesus did rock the boat.
when people get riled up they will hit you with both barrels and I can hear exactly what they think.
You think I couldn't follow a logical argument in depth???

your so called logic has absolutly nothing to back it up.

you have no more proof of evolution than you do the tooth fairy. except that evolution business is just theory made up by guesses and suposition. and that fellow darwin who had an incest realationship by getting married to his first cousin
doesn't have any more proof that humans evolved from animals it's a theory that has nothing to support it.
yet you run areound touting this stuff as if it were your gospel.

your obviously scared something awful thats why you are so adversarial with the Christians on this site and probably any where in your life. I feel your fear through it's mask anger. Thats the point of riling you up so you would show your fear. I know the Lord loves you and awaits your return.

God bless and I will keep praying for you.

July 4, 2008
4:19 am
Avatar
Guest
Guests

jv63.

You wrote:

"you have no more proof of evolution than you do the tooth fairy ... it's a theory that has nothing to support it. yet you run areound touting this stuff as if it were your gospel.
"

You must be getting me mixed up with WD. That's his baby - he's the biologist - not me. You brought evolution up - not I. Please quote me my post date in which I brought up evolution into the discussion, if you can.

However, since you did throw this evolution red herring in, I can tell you that there is a hell of a lot more scientific evidence to substantiate evolutionary theories than that substantiating your child like fairy story that your imaginary God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. Even the idea of a God needing rest is absurd. The whole story in genesis has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

You wrote:

"I feel your fear through it's mask anger."

This is a classical example of Freudian projection and thus not worth taking seriously.

You wrote:

"God bless and I will keep praying for you."

It was a Catholic priest who freed me from the yoke and schackles of Christianity in the first place. He taught me to fearlessly follow the Spirit where ever it might lead me. I did just that and thankfully ended up liberated from the bondage of Christian superstitious beliefs.

It seems that the Vatican is now giving support for the big bang theory. So it seems that at the highest levels even you Christians cannot agree on how to interpret the nonsense contained within the bible. Hmmmmm!!!

July 4, 2008
5:07 am
Avatar
free
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 433
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

hmmmmm...

You were freed from Christian beliefs or Vatican beliefs Tez? They are not one and the same.

The Vatican doesn't own the corner on Christian beliefs. Never has, never will, though there's been quite the effort to do so.

Christian beliefs are as vast and varied as the universe.

You say you follow the spirit fearlessly wherever it might lead you, and I believe that.

That's exactly what Jesus did.

You've found Him Tez. You just don't recognize Him.

Many don't.

free

July 4, 2008
5:12 am
Avatar
free
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 433
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

And, by the way, that's okay. It's the walk that counts.

free

July 5, 2008
12:51 am
Avatar
Guest
Guests

free

On the 4-Jul-08 you wrote:

"You've found Him Tez. You just don't recognize Him."

If that is true then why did 'He' lead me into becoming a Bramha kumaris Raj Yogi and away from Christianity?

Is that because 'He' disowns the religion purporting to be of 'His' making? Funny thing that!

In fact 'He' has led me to Buddhism. Maybe this is a case of mistaken identity. Perhaps it is the Tathagata who is leading me to enlightenment and not this the Christ of the biblical mythology.

And you also wrote:

"You were freed from Christian beliefs or Vatican beliefs Tez? They are not one and the same."

It is a case of 'six of one a half a dozen of the other'.

Christianity whatever you dress it up in is much the same in its fundamental beliefs. Only the rituals and peripheral beliefs differ.

Roman Catholicism is the trunk of the white anted tree of western Christianity. All the break away sects are but the branches feeding off the same doctrinal tree.

July 5, 2008
3:25 am
Avatar
free
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 433
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"If that is true then why did 'He' lead me into becoming a Bramha kumaris Raj Yogi and away from Christianity? "

because it's where you belonged.

"Is that because 'He' disowns the religion purporting to be of 'His' making? Funny thing that! "

"He" didn't make religion based on Him. WE did.

There is no mistaken identity. You followed Him fearlessly and He led you to where you can find peace.

Regarding the rest, I don't think I can disagree with your statement that Roman Catholicism is the tree trunk of WEstern Christianity.

I do, however, find it important to point out that followers of the teachings of Jesus, who may claim to be Christians, existed long before the Roman Catholic Church. In the humble ways of Christ, they remain subtly silent.

As if they might know something?

I wonder what.

I say that without sarcasm.

I truly wonder...what? and why?

free

July 5, 2008
11:04 am
Avatar
guest_guest
Guest
Guests

>> You've found Him Tez. You just don't recognize Him.

There you go free, Using Those Silly Capital Letters Again.

Respect given to a negative egotistic God who likes people worshiping him.

Worship me please, I will save you all. I love being worshiped, I have a narcissistic personality disorder.

Also everytime you Refer To Me, use Capital Letters. It Makes me Feel Good About myself.

Amazing.. I could write a whole research paper on why people use "Him" instead "him".

The guy is sick in the head, I'm referring to God. Don't use H's for him.

Oh and here's the best news

http://nymag.com/news/features/46214/

which says:

>> The fastest-growing faith in the country is no faith at all. The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life released the results of its “Religious Landscape” survey in February and found that 16 percent of Americans have no religious affiliation. The number is even greater among young people: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion, up from 11 percent in a similar survey in 1986.

Can you believe that! A quarter of all young americans have no religious affiliataion.

So.. talking against religion works.. this is the best example of this. I've always said the new generation will wake up and they are. We the old people, we'll stay stuck in our beliefs. Its an emotional investment we made and we're not about to go back and abandon it even if Jesus himself came down and said "People, I was KIDDING!"

July 5, 2008
1:44 pm
Avatar
free
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 433
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Guest

I'll use capital letters where and when I want to thank you very much. If you don't like it, well too bad.

so ya site some stats and say 16% of Americans have no religious affiliation. Therefore, talking against religion works.

Now THAT's a silly thing to conclude. We've no idea as to WHY they don't affiliate themselves with a religion, and no idea as to whether or not these people consider themselves spiritual. I would answer that survey as having no religious affiliation. Kuz I don't practice according to any specific or one religion. So.

there ya go again Guest. Making silly illogical conclusions from one potential fact or finding on the internet.

Now if this is true i.e. the amount of Americans who have no spiritual beliefs whatsoever, so I guess they're athiest or agnostic, what does that have to do with YOU and talking against religion?

Nothing. You didn't convince all those people that religion is bad Guest. a little egotistical there wouldn't ya say?

Just lighten up dude. Open your mind. Free think. Listen to what people have to say. Consider it. Ponder it. Form your own theories and conclusions. Seek and you'll find.

Stubbornly sticking your head in the sand only leaves your back hind exposed.

free

July 5, 2008
3:57 pm
Avatar
horsefly
this is off....be on this forum for years....not just since last year..we can email each other Now? that Nappy is long gone....
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There are three books and a CD about these books. How is there a debate without reading these books? The books are named " Conversation with God" Book 1. Book 2 , Book 3 , there is a CD with music also.

How can anybody have a discussion without reading these books ?

July 6, 2008
12:07 am
Avatar
Guest
Guests

free

On the 5-Jul-08 you wrote:

"I do, however, find it important to point out that followers of the teachings of Jesus, who may claim to be Christians, existed long before the Roman Catholic Church. In the humble ways of Christ, they remain subtly silent."

I find this above statement of yours interesting.

The Catholic dogma holds as true the belief that every Pope - i.e. head of the Roman Catholic Church - can be traced back in an unbroken line of predecessors to the first Pope who was Peter. Please see the lineage below which I have included for your convenience.

Was Peter the first Pope? St Matthew thought so when he quoted Christ as saying:

"And I say to thee, thou are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 16:18.

Below is a list of all the popes of the Catholic Church showing the unbroken lineage from the present pope back to St. Peter. Mind you the Christian church has a history of disagreements as can be seen by the existence of many anti-popes and those who started heretical Christian break away sects from the 'trunk of the tree'.

St. Peter (32-67)

St. Linus (67-76)

St. Anacletus (Cletus) (76-88)

St. Clement I (88-97)

St. Evaristus (97-105)

St. Alexander I (105-115)

St. Sixtus I (115-125) Also called Xystus I

St. Telesphorus (125-136)

St. Hyginus (136-140)

St. Pius I (140-155)

St. Anicetus (155-166)

St. Soter (166-175)

St. Eleutherius (175-189)

St. Victor I (189-199)

St. Zephyrinus (199-217)

St. Callistus I (217-22) Callistus and the following three popes were opposed by St. Hippolytus, antipope (217-236)

St. Urban I (222-30)

St. Pontain (230-35)

St. Anterus (235-36)

St. Fabian (236-50)

St. Cornelius (251-53) Opposed by Novatian, antipope (251)

St. Lucius I (253-54)

St. Stephen I (254-257)

St. Sixtus II (257-258)

St. Dionysius (260-268)

St. Felix I (269-274)

St. Eutychian (275-283)

St. Caius (283-296) Also called Gaius

St. Marcellinus (296-304)

St. Marcellus I (308-309)

St. Eusebius (309 or 310)

St. Miltiades (311-14)

St. Sylvester I (314-35)

St. Marcus (336)

St. Julius I (337-52)

Liberius (352-66) Opposed by Felix II, antipope (355-365)

St. Damasus I (366-83) Opposed by Ursicinus, antipope (366-367)

St. Siricius (384-99)

St. Anastasius I (399-401)

St. Innocent I (401-17)

St. Zosimus (417-18)

St. Boniface I (418-22) Opposed by Eulalius, antipope (418-419)

St. Celestine I (422-32)

St. Sixtus III (432-40)

St. Leo I (the Great) (440-61)

St. Hilarius (461-68)

St. Simplicius (468-83)

St. Felix III (II) (483-92)

St. Gelasius I (492-96)

Anastasius II (496-98)

St. Symmachus (498-514) Opposed by Laurentius, antipope (498-501)

St. Hormisdas (514-23)

St. John I (523-26)

St. Felix IV (III) (526-30)

Boniface II (530-32) Opposed by Dioscorus, antipope (530)

John II (533-35)

St. Agapetus I (535-36) Also called Agapitus I

St. Silverius (536-37)

Vigilius (537-55)

Pelagius I (556-61)

John III (561-74)

Benedict I (575-79)

Pelagius II (579-90)

St. Gregory I (the Great) (590-604)

Sabinian (604-606)

Boniface III (607)

St. Boniface IV (608-15)

St. Deusdedit (Adeodatus I) (615-18)

Boniface V (619-25)

Honorius I (625-38)

Severinus (640)

John IV (640-42)

Theodore I (642-49)

St. Martin I (649-55)

St. Eugene I (655-57)

St. Vitalian (657-72)

Adeodatus (II) (672-76)

Donus (676-78)

St. Agatho (678-81)

St. Leo II (682-83)

St. Benedict II (684-85)

John V (685-86)

Conon (686-87)

St. Sergius I (687-701) Opposed by Theodore and Paschal, antipopes (687)

John VI (701-05)

John VII (705-07)

Sisinnius (708)

Constantine (708-15)

St. Gregory II (715-31)

St. Gregory III (731-41)

St. Zachary (741-52)

Stephen II (752) Because he died before being consecrated, many authoritative lists omit him

Stephen III (752-57)

St. Paul I (757-67)

Stephen IV (767-72) Opposed by Constantine II (767) and Philip (768), antipopes (767)

Adrian I (772-95)

St. Leo III (795-816)

Stephen V (816-17)

St. Paschal I (817-24)

Eugene II (824-27)

Valentine (827)

Gregory IV (827-44)

Sergius II (844-47) Opposed by John, antipope (855)

St. Leo IV (847-55)

Benedict III (855-58) Opposed by Anastasius, antipope (855)

St. Nicholas I (the Great) (858-67)

Adrian II (867-72)

John VIII (872-82)

Marinus I (882-84)

St. Adrian III (884-85)

Stephen VI (885-91)

Formosus (891-96)

Boniface VI (896)

Stephen VII (896-97)

Romanus (897)

Theodore II (897)

John IX (898-900)

Benedict IV (900-03)

Leo V (903) Opposed by Christopher, antipope (903-904)

Sergius III (904-11)

Anastasius III (911-13)

Lando (913-14)

John X (914-28)

Leo VI (928)

Stephen VIII (929-31)

John XI (931-35)

Leo VII (936-39)

Stephen IX (939-42)

Marinus II (942-46)

Agapetus II (946-55)

John XII (955-63)

Leo VIII (963-64)

Benedict V (964)

John XIII (965-72)

Benedict VI (973-74)

Benedict VII (974-83) Benedict and John XIV were opposed by Boniface VII, antipope (974; 984-985)

John XIV (983-84)

John XV (985-96)

Gregory V (996-99) Opposed by John XVI, antipope (997-998)

Sylvester II (999-1003)

John XVII (1003)

John XVIII (1003-09)

Sergius IV (1009-12)

Benedict VIII (1012-24) Opposed by Gregory, antipope (1012)

John XIX (1024-32)

Benedict IX (1032-45) He appears on this list three separate times, because he was twice deposed and restored

Sylvester III (1045) Considered by some to be an antipope

Benedict IX (1045)

Gregory VI (1045-46)

Clement II (1046-47)

Benedict IX (1047-48)

Damasus II (1048)

St. Leo IX (1049-54)

Victor II (1055-57)

Stephen X (1057-58)

Nicholas II (1058-61) Opposed by Benedict X, antipope (1058)

Alexander II (1061-73) Opposed by Honorius II, antipope (1061-1072)

St. Gregory VII (1073-85) Gregory and the following three popes were opposed by Guibert ("Clement III"), antipope (1080-1100)

Blessed Victor III (1086-87)

Blessed Urban II (1088-99)

Paschal II (1099-1118) Opposed by Theodoric (1100), Aleric (1102) and Maginulf ("Sylvester IV", 1105-1111), antipopes (1100)

Gelasius II (1118-19) Opposed by Burdin ("Gregory VIII"), antipope (1118)

Callistus II (1119-24)

Honorius II (1124-30) Opposed by Celestine II, antipope (1124)

Innocent II (1130-43) Opposed by Anacletus II (1130-1138) and Gregory Conti ("Victor IV") (1138), antipopes (1138)

Celestine II (1143-44)

Lucius II (1144-45)

Blessed Eugene III (1145-53)

Anastasius IV (1153-54)

Adrian IV (1154-59)

Alexander III (1159-81) Opposed by Octavius ("Victor IV") (1159-1164), Pascal III (1165-1168), Callistus III (1168-1177) and Innocent III (1178-1180), antipopes

Lucius III (1181-85)

Urban III (1185-87)

Gregory VIII (1187)

Clement III (1187-91)

Celestine III (1191-98)

Innocent III (1198-1216)

Honorius III (1216-27)

Gregory IX (1227-41)

Celestine IV (1241)

Innocent IV (1243-54)

Alexander IV (1254-61)

Urban IV (1261-64)

Clement IV (1265-68)

Blessed Gregory X (1271-76)

Blessed Innocent V (1276)

Adrian V (1276)

John XXI (1276-77)

Nicholas III (1277-80)

Martin IV (1281-85)

Honorius IV (1285-87)

Nicholas IV (1288-92)

St. Celestine V (1294)

Boniface VIII (1294-1303)

Blessed Benedict XI (1303-04)

Clement V (1305-14)

John XXII (1316-34) Opposed by Nicholas V, antipope (1328-1330)

Benedict XII (1334-42)

Clement VI (1342-52)

Innocent VI (1352-62)

Blessed Urban V (1362-70)

Gregory XI (1370-78)

Urban VI (1378-89) Opposed by Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII"), antipope (1378-1394)

Boniface IX (1389-1404) Opposed by Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII") (1378-1394), Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) and Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), antipopes

Innocent VII (1404-06) Opposed by Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) and Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), antipopes

Gregory XII (1406-15) Opposed by Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417), Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), and Pietro Philarghi ("Alexander V") (1409-1410), antipopes

Martin V (1417-31)

Eugene IV (1431-47) Opposed by Amadeus of Savoy ("Felix V"), antipope (1439-1449)

Nicholas V (1447-55)

Callistus III (1455-58)

Pius II (1458-64)

Paul II (1464-71)

Sixtus IV (1471-84)

Innocent VIII (1484-92)

Alexander VI (1492-1503)

Pius III (1503)

Julius II (1503-13)

Leo X (1513-21)

Adrian VI (1522-23)

Clement VII (1523-34)

Paul III (1534-49)

Julius III (1550-55)

Marcellus II (1555)

Paul IV (1555-59)

Pius IV (1559-65)

St. Pius V (1566-72)

Gregory XIII (1572-85)

Sixtus V (1585-90)

Urban VII (1590)

Gregory XIV (1590-91)

Innocent IX (1591)

Clement VIII (1592-1605)

Leo XI (1605)

Paul V (1605-21)

Gregory XV (1621-23)

Urban VIII (1623-44)

Innocent X (1644-55)

Alexander VII (1655-67)

Clement IX (1667-69)

Clement X (1670-76)

Blessed Innocent XI (1676-89)

Alexander VIII (1689-91)

Innocent XII (1691-1700)

Clement XI (1700-21)

Innocent XIII (1721-24)

Benedict XIII (1724-30)

Clement XII (1730-40)

Benedict XIV (1740-58)

Clement XIII (1758-69)

Clement XIV (1769-74)

Pius VI (1775-99)

Pius VII (1800-23)

Leo XII (1823-29)

Pius VIII (1829-30)

Gregory XVI (1831-46)

Blessed Pius IX (1846-78)

Leo XIII (1878-1903)

St. Pius X (1903-14)

Benedict XV (1914-22) Biographies of Benedict XV and his successors will be added at a later date

Pius XI (1922-39)

Pius XII (1939-58)

Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)

Paul VI (1963-78)

John Paul I (1978)

John Paul II (1978-2005)

Benedict XVI (2005—)

July 6, 2008
1:03 am
Avatar
free
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 433
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

No Tez.

The four canonical gospels were chosen by Constantine. The gnostic gospels and other eye witness accounts of Jesus life and teachings were "discharged", many burned.

The Catholic church wanted power and control. There were many followers of the teachings of Jesus who opposed the formation of the Catholic Church and the Roman Emperors, as they preach falsehoods in a continued attempt to control masses and maintain power. Thus arose the Priory of Sion ( don't tell me it's fictional because it's not), the Knight Templars, the Masons, and finally the Illuminati.

We can talk about this for a sec- ya really think the Roman Emperors when seeking the Holy Grail were chasing a CUP? That they burned knight templars at the stake over a CUP? That they launched a crusade to persecute and extinguish opposition to the Church over a CUP? Why were any other eyewitness accounts and gospels and diaries about Jesus declared heresy? Why has the Masonic Organization and the Illuminati been declared blasphemists and heretics?

The Holy Grail isn't a stupid cup.

The Pope, Popes, and the Catholic Church may indeed be powerful. But not more so than the Illuminati.

Thus my comment that many followers of Jesus remain subtly silent.

The Roman Catholic Church wasn't the beginning of Christianity, and won't be the end. It's in its last days. Look at the following list of the seven deadly sins, which the church itself created, not Jesus- they are nowhere in the Bible.

It's Holy leaders have committed every single one of them over and over and over.

Gluttony; fornication; avarice; sorrow; anger; discouragement; vainglory; pride

And they shall indeed be, deadly.

free

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Online:
29
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 111162
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38716
Posts: 714574
Newest Members:
AndrinNetzer, MaarcusPedersen, MarcusPedersen, eyeconcepts, junwork52, whitedental
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer | Do Not Sell My Personal Information