Avatar
Please consider registering
guest
sp_LogInOut Log In
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
the world is flat & dinosaurs & humans lived at the same time
May 10, 2009
1:46 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
301sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dear Holy Mary Mother of God,

That was not ME, Mary Poppins, that was one of the other Marys, Mary Poppins. The pronunication is just slightly different - she is MaRY, stress on the second syllable, but I'm MAry, stress on the first. The other Mary is completely stressed out - MARY.

My beliefs are different than MaRY's. I like believing in you, but I think there may be other possiblilities, too. I know we didn't talk about those other possibilities much in Catholic School. Remember when I wanted to be a nun? That was just for a short time, though. I might as well be a nun right now! Can you ask Jesus to ask God to send me a man?

So, I hope you have a good Mother's Day. I'm so grateful for my daughter. She's very sweet and loving, though she is a teenager. We haven't been slapping her around and then asking God for forgiveness. Neither have we been threatening her with the fires of hell. She has a very open mind and heart, so we're very proud of her.

She understands how important it is to love others, respect herself, be honest, work hard, and so on without church. I know you guys are big on church, but we've tried to educate her broadly. It's a choice she's free to make on her own.

That's all for now, Mary. Thanks for believing in me, in all of us. And thanks for understanding that we don't love sin - we love the world, the people in it, and we want peace and understanding.

MAry

May 10, 2009
1:50 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
302sp_Permalink sp_Print

MAry and MaRY,

Get off the computer and go play!!

MARY

May 10, 2009
2:54 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
303sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Mary,

You are 100% correct in your post above to me. 🙂 And I say that honestly.

But I hope we can be friends on AAC in spite of. Y'all I am moving out of state this weekend and don't know when I will be back on AAC after this week anyway. It could be awhile. Wow , we certainly do get into some good and crazy conversations on this site don't we? 🙂

May 10, 2009
2:55 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
304sp_Permalink sp_Print

TerriB:

Thank you for your post to me above, it's interesting and will read more and get back to you. 🙂

May 10, 2009
5:51 pm
Avatar
bevdee
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 259
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh MAry!!!

You don't want to be a nun now!! Wool is so hot, the jewlery is plain and heavy - we gettin too old to be weighted down with all them aCOOterments!! Wimples are so difficult to care for, so hot in this Texas heat. You cain't rodeo with a wimple, baby!!

OnMyWay- I see that you don't answer the questions I asked you about scripture. Can you not? What I have always seen here is dissension caused by the judgments of people who would rather unquestioningly embrace a philosophy and judge from that, instead of looking deep within oneself, which is more difficult.

OnMyWay, that is wonderful news about your son and all that money. Did that come through your personal church, the one whose website you posted on this site? Good luck on your move. You have my atheist prayers and positive good earth energy zinging at you from Texas, lady ~ ~ ~

May 10, 2009
5:55 pm
Avatar
bevdee
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 259
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
306sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jesus just left Chicago - ZZTop

Jesus just left Chicago and he's bound for New Orleans.
Well now, Jesus just left Chicago and he's bound for New Orleans.
Yeah, yeah.
Workin' from one end to the other and all points in between.

Took a jump through Mississippi, well, muddy water turned to wine.
Took a jump through Mississippi, muddy water turned to wine.
Yeah, yeah.
Then out to California through the forests and the pines.
Ah, take me with you, Jesus.

You might not see him in person but he'll se you just the same.
You might not see him in person but he'll se you just the same.
Yeah, yeah.
You don't have to worry 'cause takin' care of business is his name.

May 10, 2009
10:03 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 11, 2009
9:10 am
Avatar
glittered when he walked
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
308sp_Permalink sp_Print

Far Away Eyes - Rolling Stones:

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield
Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
And the preacher said, you know you always have the
Lord by your side

And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you jesus, thank you lord

I had an arrangement to meet a girl, and I was kind of late
And I thought by the time I got there shed be off
Shed be off with the nearest truck driver she could find
Much to my surprise, there she was sittin in the corner
A little bleary, worse for wear and tear
Was a girl with far away eyes

So if youre down on your luck
And you cant harmonize
Find a girl with far away
And if youre downright disgusted
And life aint worth a dime
Get a girl with far away eyes

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of jesus
Located somewhere in los angeles, california
And next week theyd say my prayer
on the radio
And all my dreams would come true
So I did, the next week, I got a prayer with a girl
Well, you know what kind of eyes she got

So if youre down on your luck
I know you all sympathize
Find a girl with far away eyes
And if youre downright disgusted
And life aint worth a dime
Get a girl with far away eyes

May 11, 2009
12:00 pm
Avatar
Terriberry
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
309sp_Permalink sp_Print

Special K,

Apology accepted. Thank you. To answer your question, I would love to talk to you more about Jesus, and why I believe as I do. I would love to share my story and how Jesus changed my life. To answer your question, yes I can share my life with others and how GOD has changed my life. Without, the first words coming out of my mouth, "Your going to go to hell if you don't accept Jesus Christ."

My faith, as the bible teaches says "We all fall short of the glory of God ". "We have all sinned". " We are sinners in need of a Savior ". When I speak these biblical truths the will be offensive to some. I understand that. But that's not all my faith teaches, it teaches of about love, and faith, and hope, and so much more.

What you have seen is my response to two topics, the first being homosexuality on the first thread. The second being, about the bible tolerance and then turned into a conversation about hell. I will share my faith, and make no apologies for it. I have not forced my views on anybody. If they don't want to, believe don't. Isn't that the same thing you are saying Special K, ? Look back at my responses, that is what I have continued to say.

But let me ask you, Special K, just because somebody doesn't believe the same as you, doesn't mean your going to stop talking about it... right? Of course not.
How about, if they were talking about your point and had it all wrong, quote the wrong ideas, and the wrong... message. Would you not say hey...wait a min. that's not right...?

Hopefully you get my point.

Thanks for the respectful and open conversation.

tb

May 11, 2009
3:42 pm
Avatar
site coordinator
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
310sp_Permalink sp_Print

guest_guest,

Nice to see you joining everyone, might as well, eh? I figured since so many folks are coming back as 'other' users, there's no sense in 'banning' anyone. So have at it. All I will do is request that you depart... and if you don't, then that's your choice.

But, on the flip side, don't email me when people 'pick on you' here. And that really goes for everyone. It's been stated that the "status quo" for liberation brew is fighting, and with the return of the people I have asked to leave, I agree. That's exactly what the people I've asked to leave, do.

Without credit card numbers or a social security verification, you can be whoever you 'want' to be. So might as well be 'yourself'...

May 11, 2009
6:31 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
311sp_Permalink sp_Print

bevdee,

Truth is, I don't read all of the posts, I don't spend that much time on AAC anymore. And in these conversations, I think I have given up trying to explain different things, especially when I don't think it will be accepted. i don't know, maybe at this point in my life, I am looking for peace. This thread is full of argument, and I had so much of that in my younger years, I just avoid it at all costs. So I'll post something once in awhile, and generally start at the bottom of a thread and work my way up. I haven't seen your post about scripture yet, but will take a look.

Thanks for the well wishes, from southerner to another! I am so excited...and I am getting out of Las Vegas...great town but so HOT right now. Texas is awesome, erhaps one day I will make it there, have only been to Dallas, and that was a layover at the airport on my way to Nashville.

Love your songs...where do they come from? And I too, LOVE the fiddle.

May 11, 2009
6:33 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
312sp_Permalink sp_Print

and one of these days I'll learn how to spell...always in a hurry these days! Hoping to SLOW down!

May 11, 2009
7:41 pm
Avatar
on my way
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
313sp_Permalink sp_Print

bevdee,

Forgot to answer your other question. The money for my son came through benefits from my mother's death. Only we were under the impression that there was nothing there. As a family in praise of my mother, we joked about how she 'knew', and one last time she came through. She was very ill with lewy body dementia, we lost her the last 4 years of her life. The illness destroyed who she was. She died, and my son received a charge in the mail a month later, and this is another long horrible story, attorneys and police...you can imagine, but anyway that is where the money came from. We had no way to pay an attorney, and the money ended up being there, and being more than we ever thought. It was perfect timing, and my mother isn't suffering any longer. And she would have done anything for my son, he was her favorite grandson out of all the boys.

Went up to May 8 and stooped there in regard to your question about Scripture/couldn't find it, please do me a favor and re-post your question to me.

May 11, 2009
7:42 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
314sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think the world is full of argument, and if someone is discussing religion or politics or sex, there will be disagreement.

The common goal on the support side is to provide support. We all have dysfunction in common and put everything else aside. Supporting one another and healing are the goals. We don't get into anything else on that side. Thankfully, in my opinion, that side is kept secular.

As I've written before, I began this thread annoyed at Bereft for telling me I was going to hell. I was annoyed at what I saw as self-rightous, pomposity speaking about God and Jesus and the Bible as if they were all proven facts. I was glad that others seemed to get my point.

I look at the world, and I see how fundamentalism, not just Christianity, creates many divides and can lead to horrible acts. Simply telling another person, your "way" is inferior, even wrong, and you'll be burning in hell is not the road to friendship and understanding.

One of sisters, a good "Christian" told my gay sister that she was so sorry they wouldn't be together in eternal life. "But, I love you!" she added, in a kind of Disney princess voice.

What I've learned here is that some are so far gone, they've lost objectivity. And it's no use trying to reason or come to any resolution other than agreeing to disagree.

Mary

May 11, 2009
7:52 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
315sp_Permalink sp_Print

corrections:

"self-righteous and pompous posts..."

"One of my sisters..."

and "so far gone"...well, is "deeply entrenched in their beliefs" or "deeply committed to their beliefs" less inflammatory? certainly, it's less inflammatory than "you're going to hell"

yea, "of course, some people won't like hearing that - but it's the truth"

May 11, 2009
8:33 pm
Avatar
guest_guest
Guest
Guests
316sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello SC

>> Nice to see you joining everyone, might as well, eh?

I find it interesting that you didnt care about Bevdee coming back or any other users coming back. You spoke only when I came back. I saw that you were basically tolerating other users coming back so I fugured why not me.

>> But, on the flip side, don't email me when people 'pick on you' here.

Sure, I dont think I'll be emailing you again for anything after you asked me to leave all because of Tez's threat to leave the site. I used to have more respect for you but now, I dont know. I'm sure you feel the same. ANYWAY- I'm not going to start the endless drama again.

>> Without credit card numbers or a social security verification, you can be whoever you 'want' to be. So might as well be 'yourself'...

Yup, once again - I didnt see you say anything when Bevdee started to post. If you really wanted to ban people, you should ban their usernames and change their passwords.

The best decision for you was to not do anything at all when Tez made the threat. He said he was leaving the site and at that time I didnt 'fight' anyone other than Tez and he did the same.

Anyway yes, dont do anything and let people self-govern and self-rule unless someone gets really out of hand and starts calling everyone names for nothing. If somoene says "I'm leaving the site because of X and unless they're banned, I'll leave". Thats childish and emotionally unhealthy. He had the CHOICE to ignore me, right? No, he didnt ignore me because he couldnt control himself. So thats nothing to listen to. If someone makes such a threat, the site is better off without them - believe me.

SC, you have to be strong enough by not being effected by manipulations and threats. And it wasnt just me who said it, TruthbeTold also said it.

But nevermind. I'm gonna end it by your quote before on 4-14:

>> I love GG. I really do. Despite the shit he's said & done and heckling and unending bullheaded crap from him. I love that dude. I don't know who he is, but it hurts ME to ask him to leave. Almost to tears. He's family to me.

Well, lol. I'm back. Your family is back, lol. There ya go!

Really though, I dont have much time to post but sometimes I want to, so thanks for giving me the permission. Yes you have the choice right now to ban the usernames and passwords of me and Bevdee and Tree, but let people self-govern. The place is fine right now.

And whoever really wants the Dalai Lama insights, please buy the book. Its unhealothy for you to look up that much to anyone else, especially someone who has been accused of torturning the Tibetan people (yea here we go again, but dont worry, I'll stop here).

Look up to yourself. Believe me when I say that you have as much wisdom as the Dalai Lama. Free yourself of worshipping and idolizing unworthy 'holy' and religious leaders.

Whatever you need in life, is right THERE in yourself. If you believe in that, you'll find what you're looking for.

Lately by the way I've been experiencing a boost in my public confidence. Dont know where its going but I think its becoming better. Its interesting .... really.

Its as if I'm discovering for the first time what it feels like to be true to myself. I dont know if its permament or where its going so I'll see. Might just be the fact that Spring is here.

May 11, 2009
9:13 pm
Avatar
Shaney
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
317sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe it's all that spam you have been eating. It has healing properties.

May 11, 2009
9:24 pm
Avatar
bereft
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
318sp_Permalink sp_Print

this thread began with self-righteous sarcasm that the Bible couldn't be trusted because it claimed the world is flat and dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time.

of course, the first claim was absolutely false. the Bible shows what God said was contrary to what ancient man and scientists believed, but absolutely true. the Bible clearly said the earth is a sphere, not only that, but it rotates on its axis, and not only that, but it "hangs on nothing." no one could refute that because it's true. my question was how did Job know that? what other ancient book claimed this? no response. no argument of any kind.

as to the second claim, the Bible simply reported what was commonly experience at the time, although quite amazing to be sure. it described a huge animal living then that doesn't exist today, but what we now have the fossil evidence to label "dinosaur." again, how did Job know this?

when faced with ancient scientific claims by the Bible that were either later to be shown true or were commonly talked about as true, who do we believe? again, no response.

sarcasm and ignorance of the Bible is not argument.

shall we begin again?

our starting point is the historical figure of Jesus of Nazareth. He certainly existed. there is no reasonable doubt about that. His historicity is vouched for by pagen as well as Christian writers.

but can we really believe that he was also in some sense "God"? is there any evidence for the amazing Christian assertion that the carpenter of Nazareth was the unique Son of God?

grace and peace

May 11, 2009
9:27 pm
Avatar
guest_guest
Guest
Guests
319sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shaney you say that one more time and I'l throw away the 3 cans I got :(( j/k. You're just jealous that you cant enjoy it as much as I do, see! lol. Mm..... yum.

I need to get a blood test soon. My triglycerides are probably higher than the last time.

May 11, 2009
10:41 pm
Avatar
CraigCo
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 39
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
320sp_Permalink sp_Print

bereft,

In your last post you forget to remind us that if we don't believe the same as you do, God will condemn us to burn & suffer in hell for eternity, despite his love for us.

May 11, 2009
10:43 pm
Avatar
CraigCo
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 39
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
321sp_Permalink sp_Print

gg,

Hey mun!

May 11, 2009
11:04 pm
Avatar
bereft
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
322sp_Permalink sp_Print

thank you for pointing out that oversight, CC. i appreciate it and will make a note of it for future reference and discussion. however, that was not the point of my post.

my question is fundamental, not to what i believe or you believe, but what the Bible is all about. we cannot dodge it because of what someone else may believe. we must be honest. let's face it, if Jesus was not God in human flesh, Christianity is a joke and the Bible is just another "important" book with fancy stories. we are left with just another religion with some beautiful ideas and noble ethics; its unique distinction is gone. the question of heaven or hell will be moot not even worthy of discussion.

grace and peace

May 11, 2009
11:07 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
323sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, Bereft. This thread began because you were judgemental and pushed your fanaticism about the Bible on ME. You just keep doing the same thing.

Shall we begin again?

Perhaps you should consider apologizing. Something like, "Gee, Mary. I suppose that did come across as harsh and judgemental. I didn't intend it that way." But no, instead you just claim that you're quoting the Bible, and you think that makes it okay.

You can't see it. Your head is so far up your..., you are so entrenched and rigid in your beliefs, so convinced of your rightness of the Bible and Jesus and God, that you can't imagine that anything else is possible. You seem to forget that Jesus was about reaching people - not insulting and alienating them.

You condemn and judge others and hide behind the Bible to do so.

Look, we get it already. You believe in the Bible. You believe Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Okay. Fine.

However, not everyone believes as you do. Even some other Christians on this site do not share your fundamentalist views. So what?

You began this backlash, Bereft, and you continue to show a very un-Jesus-like character.

You'd be more persuasive about Jesus if you weren't so rude.

However, I will not be surprised if you continue to be rude and self-righteous and try to blame others for your own behavior. Your religious addiction is far too severe. You are unable to take responsibility for your own behavior. It's all for Jesus, because of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, etc. You seem to feel you can do whatever you please as long as you back it up with some Bible quotes and stamp Jesus on it.

Keep posting if you like, Bereft. But you've lost all credibility with me. I'll just skip past your posts. If they're all like you in Heaven, I don't want to be there anyway.

Mary

May 11, 2009
11:12 pm
Avatar
marypoppins
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
324sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bereft,

You wrote:

"let's face it, if Jesus was not God in human flesh, Christianity is a joke and the Bible is just another "important" book with fancy stories. we are left with just another religion with some beautiful ideas and noble ethics; its unique distinction is gone. the question of heaven or hell will be moot not even worthy of discussion."

EXACTLY!!! This indeed may be true. There's no way to prove it's not. But so what? It doesn't mean you still can't believe in Jesus if you want to.

May 11, 2009
11:13 pm
Avatar
soofoo
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
325sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bereft,

I agree with you that the bible is a holy book.

I do have some questions about your beliefs. You know I am also a Christian.

I have heard you talk about being one of the elect. You have said that God chooses us, we do not choose Him. But you also say that we are supposed to rip the blinders off other people, aggressively show them where they are wrong. If God is in complete control, if we are either one of his elect or not, then what is the point of ripping off the blinders? Have I misunderstood some part of your belief system?

My next question is a general question to all Christians who believe in eternal damnation. I do not believe in eternal damnation. Here is the problem I see. We believe that there is God and also there is the devil. Both are more powerful than human beings. God is good and the devil is evil. If you are worshipping the one who is casting people into eternal hell fire how can you be sure that you are worshipping the right one?

Now, I am not accusing anyone of being a devil worshipper or anything of the sort. I believe 100% in the integrity of your soul.

I love you.

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Online:
29
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 111163
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38716
Posts: 714574
Newest Members:
CaitlynForlong, AndrinNetzer, MaarcusPedersen, MarcusPedersen, eyeconcepts, junwork52
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer | Do Not Sell My Personal Information