Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
question from Robbie2007
May 15, 2007
8:41 am
robbie2007
Members
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

well congratulations!!!! how exciting!!

May 15, 2007
9:08 am
white dove
Members
Forum Posts: -1

congratulations rising. been reading this thread in the background, fm is a painful condition, i am putting on weight due to not being able to exercise. i have a exercise bike that is collecting dust, the mind is willing but my muscles are not. been told swimming is good but im to embarresed to go. (sorry spelling is bad) im waiting on test results and if they r ok then ive got to see a nurse to talk weight loss. some people just dont understand what its like to have fm. all i get is you need to lose weight and you will be fine if only.
hope you didnt mind me poping on here.
white dove

May 15, 2007
9:15 am
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members
Forum Posts: 14

white dove...I totally relate...and know how frustrating it is.

I found that carbohydrates, while they make you feel better (they raise seratonin)...are not well tolerated by most fm patients.

If you go to whole grains, your body usually protests in the form of constipation from all the fiber.

Avoiding sugar, artificial sweeteners, and white flour can be totally beneficial if you can stick to it. That's why I found the atkins plan to help me so much....it just took a little more willpower cuz my addiction to the garbage had a strong hold on me...and detoxing from it was hell.

as far as swimming...if you join a water exercise class, you could always wear a tshirt or even wear shorts and a tshirt instead of a revealing swim suit. I found that classes that cater to "older" women were less embarrassing as most of them didn't care your size and most of them had debilitation issues, like arthritis and most had a good deal of weight as well.

Curves for women is a chain health club that caters to women, you work out in a circuit and you go at your own pace...it's hydraulic, so you don' thave to deal with weights...I found it easy enough to do at my own pace.

just have to watch your blood pressure too.

Just know that you can do the best you can with what you have...and phooey to the rest of the people who tell you their two cents.

May 15, 2007
9:15 am
robbie2007
Members

hi white dove ...feel free to participate 🙂

i have a treadmill collecting dust. lol at the moment, i dont even have enough energy to keep my house clean. its exhausting. people think im just lazy. but by the time i get home from work, im just too tired.

my doc appointment is coming up fast - im kinda nervous.

May 15, 2007
9:50 am
robbie2007
Members

i know swimming would be helpful for me but like you, i'm too embarrassed to go...even in my parents pool.

May 15, 2007
1:52 pm
robbie2007
Members

i am so happy - a friend i havent seen since the end of january sent me an email today and invited me to her daughters softball game. 🙂

i am going to ask my mom if she would like to go. i would be thrilled if we could go together. i will try not to be disappointed if she says no.

May 15, 2007
2:06 pm
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

robbie...it's ok to feel your feelings...if it's disappointing, don't ignore feeling that way.

what is NOT healthy is letting that disappointment ruin your whole day or week.

it's ok to feel feelings...as long as we don't "wallow" in them or dwell on them longer than we should.

If mom says no, that's something worth being disappointed about.

does that make any sense?

if mom won't go...then go by yourself and enjoy it.

May 15, 2007
2:30 pm
robbie2007
Members

YES! she said most likely but no promises yet. at first she said no becuz she has to take care of my nephew, but i said to bring him.

May 15, 2007
3:10 pm
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

EXCELLENT! don't forget to bring auntie's bags of tricks!!! a small soft ball of some type might be fun, since you will be outdoors playing...or something to dig in the dirt with...or bubbles...or plastic cars.

But like I said before...don't give all of it to him when you leave...let him pick one small token thing...and then tell him next time, you will bring the toys and he will get to enjoy them then.

This will also teach him about choices AND about delayed gratification - not being able to have everything NOW....plus, he may look forward to seeing what auntie brings along next time.

all of thse things can be found at the dollar store...no need to go nuts with high ticket items.

sidewalk chalk is great if there will be blacktop for him to draw on as well.

May 16, 2007
8:30 am
robbie2007
Members

well, mom said yes - but the game might get rained out. 🙁

May 16, 2007
9:52 am
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

oh well, it's a step in the right direction.

You now see that all you have to do is ask...and one of these times, you will get your wish.

perhaps you can ask mom to go out for some ice cream or something instead?

May 16, 2007
10:02 am
robbie2007
Members

ya 🙂 but i'm still praying it will clear up.

you know, one of the books im reading is about being receptive to coincidences (which are not really - "everything happens for a reason") but as soon as i became open to it, a week later this "old" friend emailed me, AND my mom said yes. how amazing is that?

May 16, 2007
10:16 am
robbie2007
Members

my problems arent huge. but it sure is nice to have a friend i can talk to every day. thanks rising.

May 16, 2007
10:25 am
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

it's all a matter of perspective and nobody can judge how "huge" your problems are.

what is a bump in the road to someone may be a total hurdle for you.

that's what is great about this support board...so many wonderful people willing to help.

As for the "things happen for a reason"...I am a TRUE believer in that.

Kinda goes along with unanswered prayers.....I tried getting pregnant with my last two boyfriends...only to not have it happen...there had to be a good reason...and at this point, I am glad it didn't...and thankful it's working this time....must mean it's "right"...as far as I am concerned.

May 16, 2007
3:47 pm
robbie2007
Members

well, it looks like its going to be rained out.

but my mom said she would go with me another time. 🙂 im so happy for that!

May 16, 2007
3:59 pm
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

great! sorry for the delay, but it's better than nothing.

May 22, 2007
3:05 pm
robbie2007
Members

hi rising

its been an exciting but disappointing day.

May 22, 2007
3:17 pm
robbie2007
Members

we had some celebrities come to the shop today; robert parish and jo jo white from the boston celtics and a singer and the winner of the biggest loser.....it was for photo shoots to promote our business.

while i got to be a part of it (watch) i had to stay in the background like im nobody. they all got in on pictures an stuff with the celebs.

i guess i was fine until i got sent back to my table to work. while everyone else gets to see all thats going on, i have to be away from it.

is it becuz im fat, ugly, dont dress well......or my duties here are so insignificant i cant be part of the fun.

May 22, 2007
3:25 pm
loverbee
Members
Forum Posts: -1

K
#1) YOu aren't fat and ugly and if you feel you don't dress well, spruce up your wardrobe a little. You are really on the right track with trying to get in shape not because beauty is everything (it isn't) but you will feel better about yourself and have more confidence. Keep your chin up and don't get discouraged.

May 22, 2007
3:53 pm
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

I don't think it's your looks, as much as it's your "responsibility" thing.

Secretaries FREQUENTLY get left out of everything...that's why they make secretaries (or administrators) day....to celebrate all you do.

I have the same problems...all the sales staff gets clothing - shirts, jackets, hats...but because I don't sell the same materials, I don't get it....so, if i want anything, I have to order it from my suppliers, the cabinet people...but that's hard to get.

I'm a salesperson, and the only woman...and I get left out too.

As for wardrobe...I went out and bought a few new outfits at fashion bug...so comfy...and boss has given me compliments the last two days...they aren't anything special, just knit tops and knit capris...but they are clean and neat looking...opposed to my wrinkled, stained old jeans. And it didn't cost me much to buy these either.

I think the biggest thing is that bosses don't take their assistants into consideration.

May 22, 2007
4:03 pm
robbie2007
Members

but im his sister.

May 22, 2007
4:27 pm
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members

I wonder if he sees it that way when you are at work? maybe he separates the sister/brother thing? to remain professional?

Otherwise, I dunno...it does seem unfair and inconsiderate, but I don't know your brother, so not sure if this is normal behaviour or if it's "just business" in his mind.

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 111147
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38716
Newest Members:
mamahanisha, joachimfreunde, Deressamble, Neakey, ronaldcarter, Andrewank
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer | Do Not Sell My Personal Information