Avatar
Please consider registering
guest
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Just a thought
April 8, 2004
2:15 pm
Avatar
gypsygirl
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So I had a dream few weeks ago that I was riding in a hot air balloon, and that I knew I was going to die when this balloon crashed. I'm not bothered by this dream untill I got a flyer about Easter in the park this Saturday. There is going to be free hot air balloon rides. I promised my son I would take him. But then I remembered the dream.

April 8, 2004
2:32 pm
Avatar
Anonymous
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It is common to dream about something like that out of fear. Your dream just represents your subconscious and your fear of heights probably. This is not some sign of impending doom.

Face your DEAMONS and FLY!!! Have you ever heard the song, "I Hope You Dance"?

MILO

April 8, 2004
2:36 pm
Avatar
why me 32
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The heck with that. If I have a dream I'm dyin' in a plane crash, I ain't flyin.

Of course, I'm a chicken. Bock, bock.

April 8, 2004
6:05 pm
Avatar
gypsygirl
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm not afraid of flying nor of heights. Never have been.

April 8, 2004
6:10 pm
Avatar
Anonymous
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I think it represents something else in your life

April 8, 2004
7:11 pm
Avatar
why me 32
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I can fly, not scared of flying, per se. BUT...if I have a dream that I'm dying in a fiery plane crash, and I have to fly in the near future, I ain't gonna do it. People say that if it's your turn to die, you will die, and it doesn't matter what you're doing. Sure, that's nice and all, but what if it's the pilot's turn? Huh?

April 8, 2004
7:17 pm
Avatar
lindalee
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It'd be my guess that before you had the dream, you heard about the event in the park...then you're subconscience mind took over, tinkered around with alittle worse case scenario and voila! bad dream...nothing more than a worry that manifested itself in your sleep. Ride the balloon...I say go for it.

April 8, 2004
8:37 pm
Avatar
why me 32
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

You know I'm kidding, right? A balloon ride would be a blast. Makes me think about Willy Wonka. Your son would love it, I'm sure.

I don't mean to be flippant about your dream, I'm just feeling a little silly today...giddy in fact. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 9, 2004
12:07 am
Avatar
annastar
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I had some very amazing results working with dreams. You may say- it is not reliable, but I always keep on mind what I saw in a dream and some time things happening just like in a dream. Dreams are a way of God to communicate with us. Sure- you get what you believe. I would say- you need special skills to read dreams and with practice you will get better. Getting a dream about dying in a ride and next day take a child and go for a ride is not good idea. I personally never saw balloon rides- how high is it? Can you actually die? I would not try it with or with out dream- I would consider it unnecessarily risky. If I had a dream like this-... But it just me. I believe in dreams!

April 9, 2004
10:51 pm
Avatar
why me 32
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sometimes I dream of aliens or gnomes or bits and pieces of movies I've seen, mixed in with things that have really happened. I don't put too much stock into the meanings of dreams when they are like that. As far as God using dreams to communicate with us, well that's probably true too, as that is documented in the Bible many times. But I don't think they all have hidden meanings or things of that sort.

I do have an interesting story I'd like to share with you all about dreams though. Years ago, like back in the 1950's, my grandfather had a dream that his brother was in a terrible accident where he was killed. The strange thing about the dream was that key to his car ended up dug into the heel of his foot. That weekend, my great-uncle was getting ready to go out. My grandfather remembered the dream and warned him not to go, or at the very least to let someone else drive. He told him about the dream he had, but my great-uncle just laughed it off. Sure enough, late that night, he apparently fell asleep at the wheel or lost control somehow, ended up going off a cliff (they lived in the mountains of Virginia), and was killed. When they finally got his body out of the twisted heap of metal that was left of his car, the key to the ignition was lodged into his heel. My mom's entire family was there when my grandfather warned my great-uncle about the dream, so the story was not embelleshed or blown out of proportion in any way. My mom says that when she thinks about that story, it still makes the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

So, I guess dreams could be premonition, but I think for the most part they are a jumble of things we think or experience both consciously and subconsciously.

April 9, 2004
11:07 pm
Avatar
annastar
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It is very good story and I believe it 100%. I would also agree that dreams is a product of our brainโ€™s work. We heard many time that brain continuing to work wile we sleep, processing information we collected in a day- may be in a some dreams we getting possible result or outcome of this process?

April 9, 2004
11:24 pm
Avatar
why me 32
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: -1
Member Since:
September 29, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've always heard that as humans, in our entire lifetimes, we only use 10% of our actual brain tissue. I wonder sometimes if some people can tap into some of the remaining 90% that is normally dormant. That would explain ESP/precognition, telepathy, telekinesis (moving objects using mind power). I think it would also explain medical conditions such as high-functioning autism (idiot savant - like Rainman); you know, where someone can automatically calculate complex math problems or have a photographic memory regarding a certain subject; yet have a great deal of trouble performing every-day tasks. Maybe those people are tapping into a different 10% than the norm. Anyway, maybe dreams come from the vast space of the remaining 90%, and therefore could possibly have bits and pieces of ESP or other unexplained phenomenon intertwined with bits and pieces of our conscious memories/thoughts and other subconscious weird stuff (like gnomes).

Getting too deep now...my eyes are crossing. I think my 10% of brain is ready to shut down for the evening. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good night guys, and sweet dreams!!

April 12, 2004
1:25 pm
Avatar
gypsygirl
New Member
Members
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
September 24, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

In case you were wondering, I didn't go. It was extremly windy and it was raining. Plus I had a sore throat.

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 247
Currently Online:
54
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 110906
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38534
Posts: 714189
Newest Members:
odin83, sendlv, ViolentFighterBrownCaveman, kbrfDazy, traceyob69, JohnMeave
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer