Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
ggfred4 . . . from cpt1212
April 11, 2007
12:47 am
cpt1212
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

gg---sorry i am a little late getting back to you about the diabetes quesiton and sorry to here that you have pre-diabetes. i have been insulin resistant for several yrs. due to poly-cystic ovarian syndrom and i have ignored my health for a very long time. i even had calls from a doctor about a year ago about my high blood sugar when i had some routine bloodwork done when i went into a clinic for bronchitis. i ignored it. but i am taking it seriously this time. i am taking a pill in the morning and i have completely changed my diet. my doctor suggested the south beach diet, which i am not doing but i am making choices that are appropriate. i have not yet started exercising but i feel so much better and i have noticed a great increase in my energy and have lost some weight. my blood sugar has dropped dramatically and my doctor thinks it will just take a month to get it under control, but i think that she will be surprised at how low it is when i see her next week. i think that having the glucometer helps because then i have instant accountability.

let me know how you are doing.

April 11, 2007
7:26 am
ggfred4
Members

I am kind of glad you did wait to respond because it has given me some time here. The first two weeks I went full force, researched do and don't foods and stuck to it for 2 weeks. I began exercising too. I was so proud of myself. I lost 3 pounds the first week and NONE the next. That blew my mind because I had tried so hard. I know I am picky and don't like a lot of "healthy" foods and that is not good. Anyway, Easter weekend and depressive episodes equal a "what the hell" attitude and I started eating whatever again.

I have noticed that if I go a long time w/o eating, ex. at work, I get really agitated and sometime shaky. I know what I must do, but I am letting my depression talk now and have to get back on track here. I can get down on myself way too easily. I hope I will get going here quickly. I almost need a nutritional support group too!

Thanks for remembering cpt.

April 11, 2007
1:18 pm
cpt1212
Members

i know exactly what you mean, i am constantly afraid that the momentum will fail me, i don't yet trust this new way---but i must keep reminding myself that it is something that i do have control over and it is a choice, my choice. and that if i can make the choice each day. if i mess up today it is not lost, i can make the decision again tomorrow---i have to keep reminding myself of this.

April 11, 2007
1:26 pm
ggfred4
Members

I am going to reread this: "it is something that i do have control over and it is a choice, my choice. and that if i can make the choice each day. if i mess up today it is not lost, i can make the decision again tomorrow" Thank you... I have a lot of work to do...

April 11, 2007
10:49 pm
cpt1212
Members

yes, i have to keep reminding myself of it too. it is a pretty new concept to me---it is so simple, yet brilliant and it shouldn't be something that i am just learning.

so let me know how you are doing

April 12, 2007
8:14 am
needtoheal
Members

GG--

I just want to say hello! I love you and I miss you.!!

love,
NEED

April 13, 2007
3:45 pm
ggfred4
Members

cpt, I am getting a glucometer this week. Was it hard getting used to it? How often do you use yours? What model do you have? I haven't decided which one to get. I have got to make some changes here and just need some help.

gg

April 14, 2007
2:50 am
cpt1212
Members

well, i am not sure which one i have i will have to look. I just got the one that was filled with my prescription. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but after i sat down and spread out the directions and used it a couple of times it was pretty easy. at first I checked it when i woke up, before and after every meal and before bed and if i felt shakey (sp?). Now i check it in the morning and at night, if i feel sweaty and shakey and if i eat something that i shouldn't or am not sure about yet. my advice is to get one--it is so much easier when you can see the numbers, have instant accountabilty and you can also start to learn how ceratin foods affect you, ---i mean we know that a piece of cake is going to affect us all the same way but there are certain foods that may make my sugar higher than yours. another advantage i have found is before the glucometer it was hard for me to tell if my sugar was too high or too low when i felt bad because the symptoms are very similar, but i am starting to learn the signals my body is sending to me when i can check my sugar and then corralate that to how i feel.

i really need to start walking. i am having a hard time getting started. i just need to make the time.

i am going to the doctor tues. morning for the first time since i started taking the pills. i will let you know how it goes.

April 15, 2007
12:23 am
ggfred4
Members

Thanks cpt...Please let me know how your appt. goes. Thanks for all the tips. I too need to figure out the correlation between food I eat and the feelings I have been having.

gg

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 111090
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38630
Newest Members:
lion heart, thomson, BenjaminGresham, answerhope, kenseeley, soofibeauty
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer | Do Not Sell My Personal Information