Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
COFFEEHOUSE
October 11, 2002
6:34 pm
UK Polly
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, I'm up for ANYTHING you're going to cook! I've been working so hard at these toning bed thingys my bum's coming back and I've got the munchies! I need a reward of something yummy and a big roll of bubble-wrap to pop.

And guess what - I've got a lemon ripening on my little lemon tree (really difficult here, I think I'm going to have to wrap the tree up to keep it warm) so I'm looking forward to harvesting my crop (yes, just the ONE lemon) - it will only have cost me £30 plus fertiliser, time, broken nails LOL!

October 11, 2002
6:51 pm
tracylyn
Members
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

Peeking in this evening as the sun starts to set....tis a beautiful sight. A room full of beautiful woman, oh yes, and C-bear too. The place looks a bit out of sorts, can tell there were a lot traveling thru here today.

Oh yes Ladeska, I can see you now along all the suits. I love that the fall fashion is peasant blouses, suede, crocheted belts that dangle down. Can I add some beads to one of the doorways...not the french doors but maybe the door to the restroom or something. Maybe some mood lighting too, I've brought my red light bulb...boy does it calm the soul to walk into a red room. Enjoy your walk on the beach, I'll be walking beside you in spirit....too cold here, only a high of 48 on Sunday. BRRRRRRR. Cici, can you knit me a sweater?

I may pop in over the weekend too, wish I could just hang at the coffehouse all weekend but too much to get done.

Be well all, I'm stuffed from all the goodies and yes yes, the sugar rush has be dancing around the room!!

October 11, 2002
7:54 pm
mossrose
Members
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know what girls, i watched taht show on Oprah about "girls night out" Groups of female friends who get together all the time and really enjoy themselves.
There wa sa group of 22 women who all took one week out to be together every year. They would all stay at one, rather well off, womans house and cook and chat and laugh and then on the second day they would take themselves over to a cottage that she owned down by the lake where there would be no men, no kids..no one! Just them! They would travel into town and eat and have coffee, paddle boats on the lake, relax in the sun, read to each other, cry with each other...it was wonderful
I loved it so much i thought about putting an ad in the local paper..lol
But WE would be perfect.
CAN WE DO IT?
It would be so wonderful!

October 12, 2002
12:52 am
Ladeska
Members
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know, Mossrose.....I've thought about that idea several times. It would be fun but quite the time - getting everything coordinated and people actually "doing it". A rather large undertaking.... But who knows, it could develop..

It was a nice day for the beach - warm, a little nip in the air but still in the high 70's. That's fall for us! Time for a big long bike ride tom. and Sun. Probably the regular 12 miler. Will take you with me Tracylyn, jump on the back!! Hang on, I go through some rough stuff!! I'm a demon on a mountain bike!

I like the beads and the red light, I like colored light bulbs, party bulbs as they are called. They're just fun. Heck I like lava lamps too! Geeezzz, didn't ever get out of the 70's did I? LOL!

Well, guys - you just have yourselves a good little weekend! I just got through watching a Dateline thing on the Irish Travellers. I knew about them before, but it is horrifying to watch what they do and esp. what they do with their children!!! OMG! They parade them around like little hookers and get them shake their bodies and basically show them off so they can get them married by age 9 and up!! Is SICK! AND, they get a handsome price for their daughters - around $150,000.... To top it off they scam everyone they come in contact with. And we are supposed to feel sorry for this woman who got caught on tape beating her child in the parking lot! I think not! No sympathy over here! She was doing a scam when she was in the Kohl's returning jeans for money that they had previously ripped off at another store, but her little girl made such a ruckus that she didn't get to pull it off and in fact the store clerk got suspicious, so that's why the little thing got beat! She foiled mommie's plan! Grrrr! Sorry........just needed to vent that. Okay, okay......going back to my calmer state of mind...drinking a spo' 'o tea and sitting by the fire again, my old haunt lately. Hope all is well with everyone...see you this weekend sometime!!! Ni-nite All! Oh and Polly? You're gonna hate me for this but our citrus trees here pretty much grow wild!!! We have lemons and oranges the size of grapefruits and our strawberries are the best in the states! But you cherish that little guy....(smile)

October 12, 2002
5:40 am
Jadedragon
Members
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahh, another lovely day, just popping in for a tea, pooches, OUT and STAY OUT!! LOve the fuzzy buggers, but impossible to drink anything without WEARING half of it!!!Ladeska, Skyla, Cici and all thanks for your patience with the GOOD squad. Please feel free to feed them whatever you can't finish, they will love you forever:-)I love the idea of getting together, could be an informal date / week, SUMMER I hope, when coming across the planet would be easiest, I can't tkae the cold, any climate where I am required to wear something more formidable then flip flops makes me cringe!! LOL and I'm a canadian girl!! Guess that's why I left the tundra!!Got tired of freezing my Butt. Where IS Blondie?? I know she loves a cup a' joe. I was thinking, MURAL of a dragons den in the corner, two walls, made to look like we were in a cave, with the dragon body circling the fireplace...thoughts??

October 12, 2002
10:39 am
Anonymous
Members
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

the mural sounds cool jadedragon - can you add some firflies to light the cave?

ladeska - was wondering if we can have a bottle breaking area in the back somewhere?

Ugh - i stayed up to late last night. going to take a nap in the beanbag chair.

Hugsss

October 12, 2002
12:30 pm
Anonymous
Members
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi all:) going to take some time off and take a well needed vaca here. Feel free to take the french doors down, gotta go, has been a real fun learning experience for me, and if anyone wants to email me, please do, i really had enjoyed meeting some of you on here and i really do appreicate the time some of you spent giving me your opinions, but this Herd Animal has to go press her Tommy shirts now, so take care all and bye:)

Blessings to all,
Kimberly Ann

October 12, 2002
12:32 pm
Anonymous
Members
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh forgot, just in case someone wants to email me... [email protected]

October 12, 2002
1:38 pm
Ladeska
Members
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

And why would you think we'd want to take the french doors down, Kim? You silly woman! We don't want you to leave either!! Especially from here... This is a place of comfort, where we can just "be". I'm pretty tired myself this morning, have a new kitty who likes to sleep in the cradle of my neck! Ugh. Except last night she was in the cradle of my other cat's neck! Too cute! The little one, new one, is sooo tiny and my other cat is sooo Big in comparison. He's good to her though, is a real daddy to her. Wasn't sure about that, but it's evolved here. The little one has this thing of wanting "mommy" time after she's eaten at night, which means she has to be cuddle up around my neck and sleep on my chest for about an hour, except last night it was every half hour....what a baby! The night before my other cat decided he wasn't getting enough cuddles from mom so he came in and wrapped his arms and paws around me and curled up in my nech as well. Geeessshhh! Can a woman get any sleep around here??? I'm exhausted! (smile) but hey, it's a good exhaust I guess. What'a a mom to do but - mother her babes, eh?

Okay ladies - just help yourselves and feel free to paint Jade! It's all yours. Little firefly is gathering bottles and jars and don't mind her when she breaks them out back and screams in the primal way. We'll mop up later and lay her by the fire tonight to rest up from her time of "expelling".

Trying to catch Kim's skirttail on the way out and hogtie her to the chair! Oops, she slipped outa my grasp - should I sic the dogs on here? They could playfully round her up and bring her back, speaking of "herding"!

Hope everyone is well today, just trying to wake up myself. COFFEEEE!!!!!

October 12, 2002
1:57 pm
C-Bear
Members
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

C-Bear loves COFFEEHOUSES! He brings a large bottle of white whine and a cheese platter:-)

October 12, 2002
9:09 pm
Ladeska
Members
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi C-Bear!! Thank you! YUM! Get on in here, take off your shoes, the recliner's all yours. Just made some beef stroganhoff with mushrooms, rather full myself...*burp*....just cuddling with my little kitty I rescued last week. She's so cute. Likes to be up under my chin and on my heart. She's no bigger than minute. Pour me some wine and let's see if anyone else wanders in...just put on some good jazz..looks like it might rain, so I'm opening up all the windows and doors so we can hear it and keeping a roaring fire going.. help me stack some more logs on.

October 12, 2002
9:24 pm
Jadedragon
Members
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jade mozzies on over to grab a window seat. LOve the sound of rain, might even go for a run. Love running in the rain. Poochlings aren' too keen on it though. HEHHEe means I can run uninterrupted!!!Chai tea, and start drawing up plans for the mural, of course, I only have IDEAS, but not very good at the actual painting part, where are the artisits in here?? I can never get the proportions right. I just know that they are WRONG, but can;t fix it. HUMph!! All ideas and no talent, what a bummer!

October 14, 2002
11:01 am
Cici
Members
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is the white wine Reisling? Because I love me some Reisling. Nummers.

My kitty is getting on my last nerve. He's already peed on the couch in frustration. He wants things his way, which means that we HAVE to sleep with the bedroom door open because even if his food and littlerbox are in the guest room (Which had become Nyx Kitty's room, btw) he still need to be able to saunter through and check on us, apparently. Stupid &*^%@(# cat. mmph.

October 14, 2002
12:06 pm
tracylyn
Members
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Monday all!! The Coffeehouse looks warm and cozy....I missed this place over the weekend.

I trip escaping somewhere with all of you sounds amazing. I do a fall trip with my girlfriends to a place a couple hours from here called Starved Rock. It has trails and caverns and cliffs and is quite beautiful in the fall with all the changing leaves...my favorite time of year. We hike the trails all day, ride horses, and have fun. At night, we hit the little town that is closest and they are amazed at these "wild woman" from Chicago...hahahaha.

C-bear, thanks for the wine and cheese, a couple days old now but oh well!.

Cici, how 'bout a sweater for me?? High of 45 again, Ug!! But at least the sun is shining bright.

I love cats too, my kitty, Moe, I've had for 14 years. He has one eye, had the have the other taken out 8 years ago this month. He still loves sleeping on my chest and around my neck....drives my bf nuts!!! If my bedroom door is shut then he sits in the hall and cries...

Anyway, I'm home today, kids have no school so am working remote so I may have more time to visit the Coffeehouse. Yippeeee!

Ladeska, Thanks, I love mountain biking...that was much fun!! You're an animal!!!

October 14, 2002
1:00 pm
Ladeska
Members
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sauntering in with bags of stuff....more p'kins to carve - these have to be for the Coffeehouse because the other ones - got snarfed! Guess we were too good at it - people took them all home! So get busy on these guys! Got candles and everything you need.

I can paint Jade, but had rather someone else do it. Maybe we can do it together. You draw it out and maybe I can sketch it out on the wall and get the critics to give the word on perspective!

Got some decorations for Halloween, too. Lots of spiderwebs black and orange whispy critters. So be careful where you sit, you never know what might be lurking about.

Today it's help yourself mexican day! Got the taco plate thing going on. First it's frito chips on the bottom of your plate, then the meat mixture, then the tomatoes, chilantro and lettuce layer, and then the shredded cheese, topped with a number of different varieties of salsa, mild to super hot! So dig in any time.

Coffee is on, even still got some wine left. (smile) Figure Cici and I are definitely having the kitty syndrome thing going on. I got about 4 hours of sleep on Friday night and Sat. because of kitty. I thought she was big enough to just be out in the house and would either bunk with my other cat like she did one night or find her own little spot, of which we have many. My other cat demands alot of little castles in the house. He gets bored easy. I guess it's the primal thing of needing to change location constantly, as if in the wild! At any rate, new kitty is just too little yet to be out in the house on her own. I think she feels real insecure when everything gets dark and quiet, so where does she want to sleep? With me, right under my chin..... Made the decision last night that it's back to the bathroom until she gets older. You can't have her in bed with you because she's so little - you'll hurt her if you roll over on her by mistake. And she won't stay off the bed. She has her little carrier in the bathroom and it won't hurt her to go back to that for awhile. I just have to get some sleep. My other cat is fine on the bed or whatever. He knows what to do and what not to do. So, Cici, my suggestion to you is - make the kitty a bed in the bathroom and keep it there until it gets older. I had to do that with my other cat, too, for awhile. He slept all day and was bonzaii when I came home and wanted to play and scamper around all night long, on and off my bed like a loon. So, he got locked out of the bedroom until he got older as well. It worked, he finally grew out of it and is now no problem. Kitties just have to grow out of this time. God love em, though. Mine is sooo sweet, just wants to nuzzle with her mommie all the time. I had her on my chest about 70% of the time this weekend, she'd give me this boo-boo face and look at me like - Mommie take me, cuddle with me - I soo tired. Of course, that ends up being a two hour nap on mom if I let her!

Anyways, guys - here's the p'kins, the decorations, got some cider here, too and expect to see lots of creativity here today!!!! Get busy! WHOAAA, just got mauled by the dogs! Nothing like puppy breath!

October 14, 2002
5:15 pm
Cici
Members
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I am finger painting, because it requires little to no skill and is fun as all get out. I brought lots of table easels and paint so we can get messy if ya wanna.

And I brought the book "Coraline" to read out louds. It's a kids book, but scarey enough to be a pre-Halloween indulgence. Hee hee.

Now gather round chilluns, I will recite a story that will put the hairs on the back of your neck on end and leave you checking under the bed for days. And I'll be knitting a sweater from snuggly knotty wool - do you like grays and blues? hee hee.

October 14, 2002
6:46 pm
tracylyn
Members
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yipppeeee, more pumpkins. Can we have a carving contest? I like to make a cat face on my pumpkins with whiskers and all.

The mexican dish sounds yummy, can't wait to eat some!!

Cici, I love grays and blue and I can't wait, been freezing my butt off up North here!

I made some banana bread over the weekend, thought I'd bring some in to share. It's really good if you heat up a slice and put some butter on it with a warm cup of tea.

Fingerpaints!!!!!!!! I love fingerpaints. What a perfect idea. I haven't done that for a while, hummmm, maybe I'll have to do that with my kids soon.

I watched Lord of the Rings with my kids this weekend. Very cool!!

Hey girls, right now, my kitty is curled up under my comforter even though the bed is made. I have this big blob in my bed.....which means he'll be up allllll night.

October 14, 2002
6:50 pm
tracylyn
Members
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can we all gather 'round....light the candles, put on some Enya....I'd like us all to gather in a circle, holding each others hands tightly, gathering all of the strength between us all, and send it Jenny's way. I think she may need it tonight (see He left...he came back thread). Let us say a prayer for her as well.

Thank you everyone.

October 14, 2002
10:00 pm
Ladeska
Members
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Um, has anyone really looked at Cici over there underneath all that yarn? She, um, used the paint on herself....so what exactly are you going as this halloween little girl? With the all orange face we already have a pumpkin, just need a little black outline here and there around the eyes, nose, mouth, eyebrows...(getting out the paints) HOLD still already, God you're fidgety!! Cute tats, did those yourself didn't ya? Nice little scene there on your belly....needs some interpretation though....I'm thinking with the circling of colors around the belly button - tornado? All you need are some glass slippers and you're ready to rip, Dorothy!!! Oops, she's back under the yarn again, gotta move the paints away from her though, she's looking at the cat and I'm not sure what's going on in the little head of hers, is mumbling something about knitting her an outfit for trick or treat...

Okie dokie, moving on and Miss Tracylyn is sharing her bread and tea, yummers. (munch, munch...) I figure everyone that comes in here has to grab a p'kin and take it to their table, they'll get a candle for it as soon as they finish it. Be careful in the bathroom though, got it dressed vampire style. You never know what's lurking, so look before you sit!!! It's a little dark in there and something is afoot.....(wicked laugh)

I think we'll do this place up haunted house style come Halloween, lights out, only the glow of your fear.... Everyone wear something white so the black lights will pick it up.

Just sitting here by the fire myself, drinking my brew, a little spice tea with some rum! Yummies! And yes Jenny we are thinking of you and praying for you. Nothing like a warrior princess earning her stripes is there? Raising a glass to you and hoping you stay true to your convictions!!

October 15, 2002
10:36 am
Cici
Members
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey now! I like paints. hee hee hee.

I really like ambrosia salad. They are all over the place in the South. I dunno if they make Ambrosia salad up North or out West? I learned my grandmother's recipie, which involved maraschino cherries, coconut flakes, mini marshmellows, grapes, pineapple, and I think some kind of melon, either cantalope or honeydew. Now I can't remember. Or maybe even watermelon. Anyone have a recipie?

October 15, 2002
12:17 pm
Ladeska
Members
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah man! I'm from the south, know all about ambrosia!! The way I used to make it was - mini-marshmallows, coconut flakes, tube of whipped cream, fruit cocktail, or whatever fruit you wanted in there, cherries is a must, and I always put in pecans or walnuts, too. YUMMIE!!! Love that stuff!

October 15, 2002
12:21 pm
Ladeska
Members
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

I also made up my own cake recipe that I call my ambrosia cake. I take white cake mix and drain off a can of fruit cocktail, put it in the mix and adjust the liquid I put in to compensate for the added fruit content, then I add a half cup of some kind of fruit yogurt and a half of a small tub of whipped cream cheese. Whip all that up together with the cake mix. Put in a pan and bake. Then I make a cream cheese frosting with the rest of the yogurt thrown in and some cherries and nuts and frost that puppy when it comes out! It is to die for! I sometimes put just a little bit of rum in my fruit before I mix it into the cake batter. (smile) Is a good party cake!

October 15, 2002
12:30 pm
beenthruthat
Members
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi you guys!

Had to come back and show you all my new stripes. Yep, I'm up to Sargeant now!

Hey Ladeska, got anything I can wear? I've gotta ditch this uniform, all itchy and polyester!

This place is... different. Lots of orange and, a pumpkin patch? No! A patch of decorated pumpkins!

You guys are so creative! Hey, I brought some toll house morsels. Nothing better for the soul than chocolate! I also brought the butter (the REAL stuff) and flour. Cookies later tonight!

What's this? Jade, are you and Ladeska collaborating on this sketch? Excellent! This place is really shaping up. I found this lava lamp in the back closet and thought it would fit in. Oh thanks, Ladeska, let me change real quick...

Wow, the green tie dye makes my eyes stand out. Love the wedges. All shade and light and lovely smells in here. I thank you all for thinking about me last night. It felt so good to know that you all were here.

Today's a brighter day! A little warmer today, with a shower expected soon. That's Okay...

Hey, I brought my kitten over to socialize. Say hello Tiny! Yep, 5 months old. Watch her tho - she likes to jump on toes under Cici's yarny, blankety thing. Wait, she's going outside to go 'bug huntin'.

So, let's eat chocolate and I'll open up my Rainbow Art set. Plenty of foam brushes for all!

October 15, 2002
12:35 pm
mossrose
Members
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

so glad your feeling a bit better today jenny:)) I had a bizarre thanksgiving heh

October 15, 2002
12:45 pm
Ladeska
Members
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Been - you look awfully cute as a little hippie child! Here (throwing strands of shell beads in the air) wrap these around your wrists and really look the part! Funny, I've been wrapping long strands of tiny shells and beads around my wrists for years and years. Usually comes out to be a two inch wide bracelet thingie, and everyone goes - I woulda never thought about doing that. But, now I'm starting to see a few people in Hollywood being photo'd with the same deal going on. Cracks me up. I could care less what the fashion guru's say to wear, I'll do what I want - but now all of a sudden "it's fashionable"!! So, be hip woman - wrap yourself in beads and shells!

Don't say cookies to me, especially not chocolate chip fresh outa the oven!!! Already sitting here munching on a chocolate bar! Geez, gonna bounce off the walls today!! Okay, okay - cookies it is, can't resist anyways! LOVE EM!

And Jade, if you want to do the dragon sketch - that's cool, but I have to have one little corner dedicated to Puff, the Magic Dragon, okay?

Been is um, sponge painting an old table I had out back - not looking half bad girlfriend!!! Likin' it!

Uh, there's quite a bit of movement in the yarn now! I think kitty may have claws embedded and caught in yarn!

Yawn.......I'm just going to stretch out in the recliner and enjoy the sun coming in...nice breeze, too. Figure a good pot roast is in order today. How's that sound to everyone?

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 247
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 110935
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38541
Newest Members:
jessicawales, documentsonline, SafeWork, thomasalina, genericsmartdrugs, 才艺
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer