Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
COFFEEHOUSE
October 10, 2002
5:04 pm
Ladeska
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

**BURP*** Hey, gimme Cici's bib and I want the one with Winnie the Pooh on it, too!! Wow, like howdy - that cider has a punch right to it!

Have I been sleeping through all this? Man, the place got more crowded! Hi Peoples! Guess I better get up and get my butt shakin' here. Got dumplings to dish up. I see someone over there in the pot already! Get outa there!!! Geez! Can't turn my back for a minute around here!

Nice pictures....you just sketched out here, Syqg....seems you know her intimately well...(smile) By all means - paint....

And me and some of the girls are going to go out back in the dew grass after dark, in our barefeet and have a water balloon fight, only we're using "colored water"! So, like run home and get whatever you want tie dyed!! We can't throw ballons in the house, but we sure can take it - outside!!!

October 10, 2002
5:55 pm
Cici
Members

Hey Ladeska, we are psychically connected. Proof - your daughter!

I was overcome with nausea last night for no apparent reason, and got all shakey and pale (post-DH-breaking-finger), then proceeded to upchuck for the rest of the night. Aaron and my roommate both ate the same dinner, so it wasn't food related.

I still feel ucky today. Headache, nausea, sympathetic food poisoning for a girl I don't even know, har har har.

And what's up with fate dumping on you!!! First back now tooth. :=(

October 10, 2002
6:25 pm
Ladeska
Members

Like Wow, way cool!!! You know - I've known stranger things to happen...I think we are connected in ways that people couldn't explain if they tried and personally - I don't care about whatever explanation scientists could come up with anyways. They'd change their story tom., so why bother to tune in??

I'll have to tell her about that....she'll freak! Well, she's feeling better now, Cici, I hope you're feeling better as well!!! (smiles) Course you are my other baby girl, so it's not so strange really....

October 10, 2002
6:41 pm
BeccaUK
Members

Becca pulls up a chair...

....have you guys got any chocamocha in here? I am missing my daily fix.

Sorry haven't been in a lot recently, have been wasted on meds for pain in my arm since last friday. I fell off the windowsill and landed on a metal bar with my body on top of my arm. It isn't broken, but it is strapped up and i have to wear a stupid sling.

Feeling grouchy and fed up šŸ™‚

Have got my theapy light now though so the sad will hopefully be under control soon.

Lots of love to all i here

Becca
xxxxxxxx

October 10, 2002
8:06 pm
tracylyn
Members

As I walk slowly through the doorway, I glance around, ahhhh, all the friendly faces that put my mind, spirirt, heart at ease. I am starting to feel more at peace here than anywhere else..........

Oh Ladeska, Cici, I feel for you both...my daughter threw up in class today....twice. So am nursing her back to health tonight. Breaks my heart to see her feeling so bad. Cici, hope you are feeling better soon, Ladeska, hope you daughter is feeling better as well.

I light a few more candles, Kimberly, the garden is amazing, first time I've stepped outside. Wow, the stars are out by the millions and the breeze is soft on my face.

Jenny, would love to sit down for a chat....could use some good "girl" talk today, could use the escape if only for a few minutes. Mossrose, could you join us over here and anyone who'd like to join.

I'd like some of those dumplings...are they the stick to your ribs kind that make you feel all warm inside.....I'll help myself, might be back for seconds.

Good night all, time to go, enjoy the brownies and tea I left earlier.

Ladeska, can't wait for those balloons!!

Be well all. Sleep tight!

October 10, 2002
8:52 pm
Squeezles
Members

Maybe we could all put paint on our hands and put a hand print on one of the walls...to symbolise that we've all left our marks here...

October 10, 2002
8:58 pm
mossrose
Members

I feel sob delighted with all of you as i sit on a soft meditation pillow i brought along with me, next to my good friends and soul sisters. I look up at the night sky and admire the millions of bright, twinkly stars. I imagine each one represents a woman who has freed her soul from the bonds of painful "love"
I look for the brightest star, the north star and i remember and nod to myself remembering the importance of this star to me.
I take a huge sip from Tracy's aromatic tea and bite down into the deliciously sweet chocolate brownie, all the time snickering at the ladies who are seem to be covered in multicolored dye and admire the playfulness and mischieviousness of the one who calls herself Ladeska.
"Do i really seem happier sister cICI?"
I am so glad to hear these comments, i really have no one else in my life to reflect these things back to me from such a place of knowing as you girls. You girls KNOW what ive been going through and perhap sknow me better than most.
"Jenny, dearest soul sister, i cant believe how much your situation resembles mine and tracy's husband sounds like my ex's brother!"
"It truly is a blessing that we have all met each other on here in our time of need, clarity and support:)"
Do I really sound less bitter?"
"Im so glad!"
soooooooooooooooooo glllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad:)
Jenny your so strong, you are amazing!
Tracy dont look at what he has any more, look at what YOU have. You have the children, your freedom, your health and the world is your oyster.
He's a fool!

October 10, 2002
9:22 pm
C-Bear
Members

Make way for C-Bear < >

Here it goes:

Over Yonder

Looking over yonder to see the sun

Shining upon a new life that's just begun.

A new life for you and a new one for me.

By love's cord, bound together eternally!

Yonder lies an ocean of passion

Together we lie down in lover's fashion.

Our destiny, my heart doth ever ponder

My love, the sun's rising over yonder

October 10, 2002
10:18 pm
mossrose
Members

wow C bear your one sensitive guy!!!!
very nice poetry:))
very nice
Hey girls there's a guy amongst us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets get him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hes just one big cuddly bear, lets tickle him and feed him brownies!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhh!!! llol

October 11, 2002
12:40 am
Ladeska
Members

Hi guys....Miss Sleepyhead here, still in rumpled clothes, wearing bunny rabbit house shoes with me overalls. Liking the atmosphere in here though....looking into the bottom of the pot where the dumpings "were"! Good enough...full little bellies...quiet time now, sitting beside a flickering fire, admiring the scent of souls that have been here today...knowing that there is hope for humanity as long as this particular spark of magic remains in tact. C-Bear....beatiful words...pull up a rug and stoke the fires...don't mind me, just realizing more deeply the finer things in life and even though I'm tired tonight - I can see the fireflies at play outside and realize that little lights - do still light up the darkness rather well. I'll clean up later, but for now - just going to wrap up in part of whatever this thing is that Cici knitted...still have enough to cover up with, maybe she will knit me a new one soon.

I watched the news to night and mused over how very stupid some people can be as far as this war thing is concerned. As if - we are really being told the truth here...Amazing how that works. The masses look on with dull eyes and say - please tell us what we want to hear and so it is done....

I look around me here and see people who are emerging in their lives with - a mind that works rather clearly and see them becoming independent thinkers with every passing day. We may be in the minority but never underestimate the power of the little twinkles in the night. Twinkle on and to everyone a good night...going to curl up here by the fire and may just sleep here until morning...enjoying this space in time.....zzzzz

October 11, 2002
8:41 am
Anonymous
Members

good morning frends - (((hugsss)))

>>> [email protected]@K < <<< stopped by the farmstand on my way over and got some pumpkins for us to carve. šŸ˜‰

October 11, 2002
10:32 am
Ladeska
Members

Hi Firefly!!! So good to see you! (((HUGS)))) P'KINS!!!! okay, okay, digging around in the drawer for carving implements.... Just waking up myself. (yawn) slept better last night, stayed in here by the fire for a long time and finally stumbled home... Hey, Tracylyn - is your daughter better? Mine is feeling a litte weak but much better. And Becca, lil' Missy Grouchy pants, get over here and help me make a pot of jambalya! Hey, feel like a little cajun music today!!! Anybody else? I suppose we could clear out the floor over here and cut a rug later. Okay, okay, I'm making coffee....hang on, got the spiced tea on as well. Clara is rare form today, been flirting with the local mockingbird! Geessshhh, can't take her anywhere!!!
Open up the curtains, Firefly, raise the windows and let's get this place perkin'!!!

October 11, 2002
11:35 am
BeccaUK
Members

'K Ladeska šŸ™‚

Can we carve some pumpkins and make pumpkin soup? you can never start halloween too early!

Halloween is also my mum and dad's wedding aniversary!

Arm is still really sore, using arnica and stuff on it to help the bruising.

Hey, can we make cinnamon muffins too? I am in a creative cooking mood! How about pumpkin muffins? Little fairy cakes?

Anyone else want to cook with me šŸ™‚

Becca xxxxxx

October 11, 2002
11:47 am
Cici
Members

Ooooh. Pumpkin-cream cheese croissants. They bake them at my favorite bakery that happens to be down the street from my house and are nummy to the extreme.

Cici is over at the counter feverishly kneading dough. No more sickliness today. And some hot, fresh coffee for all! Because I am bleery eyed. And my hair is too fluffy today. And apparently I can't type because I keep making typos.

October 11, 2002
12:03 pm
Ladeska
Members

Well I'm going to cook "In Costume"! I think we should dress up in costume all the time myself. What is with the crap we wear anyways? Why can't we just be creative? Think I'll just be a hippie today. Got the hippie flowing skirt thing going on, flip flops with a flower between the toes, haltertop and love beads! Oh, and an indian bell anklet on. And my little suede big brimmed hat.

Trying to help Cici over here....but she's having WAY too much fun with the dough! And sure Becca, just get on over here and get to cookin'! Heck, I might not have to do anything today but just eat, drink and be merry!!! And can't imagine what p'kin soup would taste like, but hey - I'm game!!

October 11, 2002
12:50 pm
tracylyn
Members

Becca~

I was thinking Cinnamon rolls this morning too. I'll help ya out. Could use a little cooking therapy today!!! I have a quick recipe for some really good ones.

1 can cresent rolls, unroll them and spread with butter, cinnamon and sugar and then roll back up. Slice into pieces and place in a baking dish. Bake for well......I never go by time, bake until they look done. hee hee. When they are done you can poor any kind of glaze over them. I usually use powdered sugar and orange juice for a quick orange glaze.

Anyway, can we start right now.....I can smell them already.

Oh yeah it's Friday, the sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky, it's chilly out but the crisp air feels amazing as I breathe it in.

Ladeska, my daughter is feeling somewhat better, kept her home from school though just to be sure. She was making her brother wish he was sick "I'm going to watch TV and play video games all day", you watch, I'll get the call today that he isn't feeling well either. hahahaha!

I'm thinking about movies.....has anyone seen any really good ones lately that I can just curl up to on the couch this weekend? I saw A Beautiful Mind last weekend and it was great.

I take a quick nap in front of the fire while I smell the cinnamin rolls cooking. I can't see you all right now as my eyes are closed but it is so fun to hear the laughter and the happiness in your voices.

C-Bear, welcome, welcome, beautiful words you wrote!!! Would you like a cinnamon roll, Becca and I baked them!!

October 11, 2002
12:55 pm
tracylyn
Members

Oh Cici~

The pumkin cream cheese things sound wonderful.....can't wait to try it, are you done playing in the dough yet?

Ladeska~

Are you sure that's a costume.....or do you dress like that everyday. For some reason, I picture that suiting you just fine. ***grin***

Be well all!!

October 11, 2002
1:07 pm
Ladeska
Members

Hey Tracylyn....I LOVE cinna buns!!! Big hit with me! Yummers! Yea, isn't it amazing how the other kid just seems to get sick, too! Yea, yea and think they are so sneaky and good at the con thing. lil' whippersnappers. I'm glad she's feeling better. My daughter is at home, too, just taking it easy, says all her muscles are sore..

Good movies, huh? Well, I Adore the one you saw and have you see "Hearts in Atlantis" with Anthony Hopkins? Good, good movie, one to buy and keep. Lonesome Dove, Part I and II is my alltime favorite. Lady Jane is a good one, too (older one). Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, Moll Flanders (excellent movie, but get the newer version) Ann of Green Gables and Ann of Avonlea - (great movies for girls! 4 movies in all, great weekend movie for mom's and daughters).

October 11, 2002
2:21 pm
Anonymous
Members

WHY does this place have to be imagination??? i want it to be real. i wish i could press a button on my 'puter (the 'escape' button) and be transported here in real life. (sigh)

October 11, 2002
2:25 pm
Anonymous
Members

btw- i thot I am Sam was a good movie.

October 11, 2002
2:27 pm
mossrose
Members

ummm it smells so gooooooooood in here!!!
Here i brought some fresh acorn squash from my garden, let me roast them in the oven with a brown sugar glaze for ya'll.
I also made a huge batch of spicy curry pumpkin soup to warm our tummys and spirits.
Firefly, your thoughts ARE your reality...thinka bout it:)

October 11, 2002
2:40 pm
Ladeska
Members

Oops Tracylyn - you've been spying on me again! Yes, actually, I have a strong hippie bent. I do the Venice Beach thing here in So. Callie rather well. The funny thing was watching me dress a bit that way on Capitol Hill a few years ago when I worked there. Was pretty funny. I had prairie western skirts or hippie skirts with part of it raised and pinned or tied showing the longer petticoat underneath, a hip hugging belt that is now all the rage but I've had in my closet for years and years, peasant blouse and little vest over it, bare legs and my high heel wedges. The women in their boring three button suits of red, navy or black - would just scowl at me like I was a huzz. Hey, when the cherry blossoms are in bloom - what the hell else is appropriate to wear on a spring day, ya know???

I hungry! Can't stand the smells any longer - move over because I gotta have some of all that!!! Thank you girls! uh-oh....Cici's into the frosting over there... It goes ON the buns okay?

As far as transportation is concerned Firefly - one reason I've done this is to spur people into - doing it. If we can dream it - we can do it, right?

October 11, 2002
3:58 pm
Cici
Members

Cici's head pops up, frosting on the tip of her nose. She spends a moment with crossed-eyes trying to lick the tip of her nose, then she sticks her head out of the window and returns with her face covered in doggy-goo-slobber. She wipes her face unceremoniously and pulls the freshly backed croissants from the hearth fire, and commands Ladeska to begin piping the cream-cheese-pumpkin mixture into the hot croissants. STAT!

Curry pumpkin soup sounds REALLY effin' good right about now. And you know it's gotta be good if it moves you to use profanity.

To go along with the hippie theme, let's weave some wildflower garlands and wear them in our hair. Wheee! Flowers are just outside the window, waving at us gently in a Southern breeze, as if to say "wear us, we are Mama Nature's jewlery".

I happen to have an almsot obscene collection of flip-flops. Not enough. NEVER ENOUGH. hehheh

October 11, 2002
6:10 pm
Ladeska
Members

Man I love my flipper floppers!! live in them! You so silly Cici! Lovin' this food! Wishing everyone a most restful weekend! Will be popping back in here over the next couple of days to see what's shakin'. I don't know about this sugar rush thing, but I think I LIKE it! Just going to walk down by the beach in a bit, will think of all of you, taking you with me..... Beautiful day! Good thoughts, good friends and things to feel positive about because despite the trauma in our lives we do have the ability to create the most amazing things...this one thing.....never forget...

October 11, 2002
6:25 pm
Ladeska
Members
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just had to do the next message because it's the 100th one!!!! Streamers, ballons, fireworks!!!! PARTY TIME!

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 247
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 110929
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38539
Newest Members:
stanley, LarteyWellnessGroup, dr ado spell caster, Leslie Ann Satin, overmyhead201, delight1080
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer