Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
COFFEEHOUSE
October 9, 2002
8:21 pm
sparkle7
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

my favourite smells are:
rain after it has fallen on hot concrete.
insence, surfboard wax, the smell
of my boyfriend, my nanna's purfume, the smell of a hot day, the smell of freshly cut grass, the smell of one of my mum's chocolate cake cooking in the oven,
the smell of m house, every house has its own scent i rekon.
The smell of a real pineapple, not one out of a can, that sweet smell, mmmmm. The smell of the beach.

My favourtie sounds are:
Rain falling on a tin roof.
Rain falling on a tent roof
The crack of thunder.
Hearing my mum or dads car come home after they have been at work, so i know that they are ok
The sound of waves crashing or Water lapping up against a pier, The sound of our dog barking when a stranger arrives at our house
The sounds of cicadas outside on a hot day,
My boyfriends voice, someone telling me that they love me.

I could go on forever!

October 9, 2002
8:27 pm
Anonymous
Members

SC, takes one to know one!

October 9, 2002
9:08 pm
Squeezles
Members

I currently have the flu so it would be great to BREATH, let alone smell. I like your list though Sparkle *s*. I think I'll take some of that soup, Ladeska, beef vegetable is one of my favourites.

The garden looks great Kimberly. I love the concept of gardens, just not the work that is involved! (I have an imaginary gardener called 'Pablo'. Unfortunately he does about as much work as my imaginary cleaner, Lupe, which isn't a lot actually).

I've brought some freshly made fruit salad that I made last night because I felt bad for eating pizza. It has rockmelon, watermelon, honeydew melon, kiwi fruit, paw paw, mango, pineapple and kiwi fruit. Feel free to help yourself.

Everyone's welcome Firefly, especially you. I brought a beanbag for you to sit on. Do you want to curl up on it with me while I eat my soup? After I finish I think I'll go out and enjoy Kim's garden and throw some tennis balls around for the dogs.

Anyway, until next time. I'll rumage around at home and see if I can find a few books and some paintings to brighten this place up.

October 9, 2002
10:22 pm
Ladeska
Members

Back from the dentist, face is puffed out, anyone got an icebag? %560 worth of cap! Ins. only paid $300. Oh well, guess I'll be making my Christmas presents this year!!!

Looks good guys, guess this means we're open 24/7, huh? Having a guy drop off a big cushy recliner tomorrow, figured we'd put it in here somewhere, maybe over by the fire. If someone isn't feeling so well - there ya go!

As far as the pumpkin choco muffins go - just whip up a regular muffin recipe except use some pumpkin from a can and add chocolate chips. I stumbled on the combo one year upon whim, was all I had in the house, so - mixed it all up and actually made the it as a pound cake first. Was yummy, frosted it with cream cheese glaze.

Garden area looks great, Kim! I think I've got some little white lights to string up everywhere, too!

I love Enya, Tracylyn, good call! Bring in the CD's or tapes, got a little stereo right there on the bar behind the display of teas.

Ya know, was thinking the other day about how we don't engage our imagination and our senses enough. So many things just go by us and we get into the "drone" thing...kinda nice to hang out in here because it works that "other side of the brain" which is really necessary for the other one to function properly. (ah...and there is a reason to her madness....smiles)

Just lighting some candles on my way out here....lots of "bright lights" in here already...*Hugs to everyone*

October 9, 2002
10:53 pm
Jadedragon
Members

LOVE Enya!! The dogs are really like the smells that have been emanating form the french windows, I think there will soon be an attempt at a forced entrance, So BE WARNED, these buggers take no prisoners!!! the Dr. comes in and lo and behold!!! My otherwise normally peaceful and loveable mutts, decide , of their own accord, to take a piece out of it, but not before BEar lifts a leg on the unwelcome enitity. Go figure, dogs ALWAYS know a persons true intent!! Okay munchkins, that;s enough now, I think IT learned IT's lesson. HEY WHO STOLE MY MUFFIN??!!!! MIIIIIIIIIAaaaaaaaa, you sneaky bugger!!!

October 10, 2002
12:04 am
mossrose
Members

Doc u suck!

October 10, 2002
12:13 am
mossrose
Members

ive been playing enya (watermark) almost every night for ten years.
love her! You know she creates all of the music using her own voice and plays ALL the instruments and layers and mixes all the tracks. Shes an inspiration to me.

October 10, 2002
12:18 am
For_Skyla
Members

On the back of a horse, riding for hours, not knowing, caring, or having to end the ride and turn back home. Sun warm on my face, heart beat in rythem with the hooves. Stopping at my destination and gazing into the canyon. True freedom of the soul.

October 10, 2002
12:24 am
For_Skyla
Members

SPARKLE,

Vanilla,
it's my signature smell.
I prefer it over chocolate ice-cream.
i don;t really like chocolate.
White cake too.

Sound, .... sound of coffee finishing the brew cycle, horse thrusting air out of it's nose, laughter of young children, the sound that is absent or present depending on how you look at it when a lot of snow has fallen the night before.

October 10, 2002
12:26 am
For_Skyla
Members

Thank you Ladyska for bringing this topic up, it brings tears to my eyes remembering the simple things in life we take for granted when times are hard. I really needed a good reminder.

October 10, 2002
12:42 am
Ladeska
Members

You're most welcome sweetheart...please stay with us.. The simple things in life are most often the most precious and most beautiful. I don't have much materially and really don't want much either. It's just not important to me. I lived on a ranch last year with 4 horses, 4 dogs, 6 cats, a mountain lion close by who frequented the place, my own friendly hawk who seems to follow me from place to place in my life (that's another story...) and just breathtaking scenery. It was a hard life at times, very exhausting, especially in the rains last year that produced a flood emergency about every other day for two months steady... But, it brought something out in me that I liked. I got a kick out of going to work with hay in my hair from feeding the little darlings before leaving. And coming home at the end of the day to find them in the neighbors territory because they broke down part of the fence that needed mending. So here we go rounding up horses as they run around like mischievous dogs with us in tow! Was rather comical actually. I now have a permanent dent in my upper leg from getting kicked by one of them....severed part of my muscle and it died leaving a bit of a hole. But she was only protecting me from what she thought was a threat as the dogs were circling around me barking and barking at her, she kicked, they scattered and got it. She looked at me like - oh no, I hit mommie...came up and nuzzled me. Had a bruise from the top of my leg to my knee. But, all in all it just brought things into focus for me how living close to nature, to animals, having to do so many things for myself instead of relying on anyone else. I lived in a converted red barn that had no heat and it got COLD! But, I just learned to brave it and after awhile - I didn't like heat. Was pretty funny. I just wore more clothes and learned to ignore my nose when it froze off. My cats cuddled with me under the covers and kept me warm!

We all need to get next to - those kinds of things and realize what life is really about. The stock market will come and go, rise and fall, the political leaders will always be fake, bought and sold and we'll never know the truth about what goes on with power. But, in the little things were we touch one person at a time - something magical happens and the purpose of this thread is to - inspire the magic, catch that glimmer and keep it close to us, protected and nurtured. We're glad you're here, so pull up a chair and make it "yours".

October 10, 2002
12:49 am
For_Skyla
Members

The look they give you when they hurt you in some way... (riding accident, bite, or kick) is so funny, can't help but not be mad. Sometimes they dont' realize their own power and strength. I believe we don't realize our own power and strength sometimes either. We all should focus on that.I know that's how I get through the day.

One thing I do know, is that I will always bounce back, now matter what. No matter how low, or so I hope i can.

good evening for the night

October 10, 2002
9:29 am
Anonymous
Members

thank you squeezles - that was really sweet of you. i love beanbag chairs.

hugss, firefly

October 10, 2002
10:08 am
gypsygirl
Members
Forum Posts: 0

(((Dr.InTheknowIt)))

October 10, 2002
11:04 am
Anonymous
Members

Thanks Ladeska:) And the lights are a great idea, go for it! I am going out to buy those little floating candles for the waterfountain, so we can light those up at night as well. I have seen some really nice ones at local shop down the street, i think its called Wicks and Sticks or somthing like that, well talk to you all later on!

Hope your tooth is feeling better!

Love ya:)
Kimberly

October 10, 2002
11:09 am
tracylyn
Members

Good morning ladies~

I'm glad you all enjoy Enya, perhaps we should invite her over some lazy afternoon. Enya has helped me thru some really bad days, after my father passed, after I left my husband....but she has also always been there just to help me relax, no lights, candles, Enya, a hot bath, no other sounds but the breeze passing thru the bathroom window. Ahhhhh, I love the coffeehouse. Helping me to reconnect with that part of me that escapes sometimes.....it's difficult to find that part, working all day, go home to do dinner and homework with the kids and straighten up the house, usually only then do I stop to relax and feel blessed for what surrounds me. Now comes the coffeehouse and I sit here in the morning at my desk and my mind has a chance to wonder off to a magical place.

My favorite smell is vanilla too, I also like the rain, I have found a great candle that is rain sent, I also love the smell of eucaliptus (sp). The smell of my dog and the smell of my kids when they climb into my bed on a late weekend morning.

Favorite sounds....the sound of my children playing and laughing, the sound of them crying, and the sound of their breath as they lie against my chest. The sound of rain and thunder hard against my windows and the sound of my own laughter, now that it has returned. The sound of my boyfriends voice when he is in his own romantic place, soft, low, gentle, and so very peaceful. The sound of music, yes Enya. I have also found a new one...Norah Jones, very soulful, jazzy, and soft. Her voice is beautiful.

Well the place looks and smells and feels amazing. I am so glad to have stumbled in this morning if only for a few.

Until my next visit ladies.....be well.

October 10, 2002
11:22 am
site coordinator
Members

SC crunches up some newspaper and shoves it under the grate in the fireplace. She looks back at all the wonderful faces in the room, strikes a match, and the dry logs begin to burn. With the sound of blazes going up the chimney, SC sits on the fire's hearth to talk w/ Dr. Know.

I feel the eyes from the faces growing concerned, as I begin to speak.

Let's see… what kind of passive aggression have I used in my life? Plenty. But God, I try not to, cuz it sucks for me, and sucks for them. Instead, I confront. Instead, I'm brutally honest, at all costs. Instead, I cry and become vulnerable. Instead, I reply to people like you instead of ignoring.

And even though I know the chances of giving you some understanding are small (pretty small) because (a) while I do try, I'm still not a super patient person - ie: I'll probably give up on you shortly and join the wiser bunch in ignoring you (b) I actually know that you're miserable and super pissed (& that doesn't change overnight) and a lot at me - hey, in fact I'd bank that you hate me! Do you really think you know me? Really? I laugh at this some, cuz I realize that by the sounds of your posts to me, you think I'm an abusive whip cracker. I've cracked a whip or two in my day, but not here.

Well, I could let your responses go ignored, as others have chosen to do (and I think it's actually the best choice in "ridding" ourselves of you), but hey, I'm generally a risk taker. That's how I grow best. Risks.

Feel welcome to regain your original nickname and think about these people here that you're trying to hurt. If it feels good to hurt people, then there's something wrong! Let us help.

The fire is really heating up! I think I'll sit down on the rug just in front of the fire.

October 10, 2002
12:56 pm
Cici
Members

Cici struggles out from under a pile of knitting, sweating profusely. There's so much of it that she wallpapers part of one wall of the knitting and then spends at least 10 minutes rubbing her face against the wall. Ahhhhhhh.....

May I introduce ya'll to one of my favorite singers, Lucinda Williams?

October 10, 2002
1:07 pm
Ladeska
Members

Stumbling into the coffeehouse...hair's a mess, mismatched clothes, goofy grin from lack of sleep - I think it may be called "dementia" at this point....BUT - Hey, I'm here, okay?? Stayed up all night with my daughter. We held vigil around the toilet. She got food poisoning last night. Ate a fast food sandwich and bingo! Poor baby....hard to watch. We went through the rigors together, gatorade, pepto and then throwing it up again, blah, blah - sleeping on the floor together for ten minutes at a time. SO, I'm pretty wasted today! Tooth was also VERY sore last night. All that drilling upset the nerve I guess. At any rate, I stopped by the bakery and got some chocolate oatmeal cookies, fresh off the baking sheet! Still hot even. Putting on another pot of java, I see someone else has tidied up and that SC has a nice fire going. Is a bit misty and coolish out there today, damp..... Cici...honey, you're rubbing the skin right off your face.... The um, knitting on the wall, looks um..."nice", I think. Expressive....yes, yes. Maybe we can add a few shells in there, just don't put any candles near it, okay?

I'm going to sit in the recliner for awhile and sip tea.....got chicken and dumplings on the stove for later...(smiles, Cici)...if I snore just give me a little shove. Going to let SC do the "brain thing", mine is way too foggy.. GoOd MoRnInG!

October 10, 2002
3:14 pm
mossrose
Members

Pulls up a chair beside Ladeska and the gorgeous warm fire. What a wonderful mother ladeska is, i think and this place is so sweet and inviting.
It is cool outside, so nice to have a hot steaming mug of warm cocoa and good company.

October 10, 2002
3:31 pm
Ladeska
Members

Welcome Mossrose! Just relax and let the world spin as it will, with or without us, eh? Had enough of spin the last few days....(ugh) just sitting here catching a few zzzz's myself. Sun is coming in warm now, nice smells going on and time for peace to set in. Just had a few days of people being whacked. Sometimes I just sit and scratch my head and go - what the? But....at some point, it's all about what I do in my corner of the world, too. We are responsible for how we allow people's crap to affect us. We can stop allowing them to spin us up, too. Some things just aren't worth it. All I know is - we have to purposely create the magic that is our lives. It's actually easier to do than the energy we put into chaos. Don't mind me, I'm just going go zone out here and think of what I'd like to paint on that wall over there... Was hoping someone would do a mural for me, but then again - if I want a mural, might have to do it myself! Then again, I might just lay out the paints and brushes and you guys can paint a joint one! That should prove interesting!!! LOL!

October 10, 2002
3:57 pm
tracylyn
Members

Ahhhhhhh, back at the coffee house..serenity sets in. How about a theraputic mural, you know, we fill balloons full of paint, we each get one....perhaps our favorite color and we throw it at the wall. We can laugh and throw balloons of all different colors...we should wear our grungy clothes though, I may just throw one at somebody...all in fun of course, (unless the Dr. steps in, then we can all throw at him).

I've baked brownies today for us to share, they are gooey and good and a just what I needed today. Hope you all enjoy. I have brought tea, my mom's recipe, spiced tea, and ohhhh is it good to curl up by the fire and sip tea and just mingle with all of you.

Takes a few minutes for me to relax, I'm a little jumpy at first....busy day. I take you all in, and again....I am blessed to be in the same room, thank you all.

Be well.

October 10, 2002
4:00 pm
syqg
Members

There is a picture at my papa's house that I would like to paint for you all. My grandmother, now gone to be with Jesus, always would say that the little girl in it was me.......the sky is a light blue with a few clouds floating around. It looks as if it is coming close to evening time. There is a huge tree to the left. It looks as if it is early spring time. It's a field with dandilions all around, no grass just tall field of wheat or something. There is a an old kite flying to the right, made to look as if it were far away. The little girl has long, stringy blond hair. She has on overalls and a dirty white shirt. She is barefoot and looks as though she is running after the kite, her hand stretched as far as she can stretch it reaching towards the sky.......I only see the back of the little girl....but I would always feel her feelings. I would sometimes picture her laughing as she ran after this kite and then at other times she was crying. She was very real to me. I can't explain why. She was sooooooo real. I felt as if I were in that field with her. But I'm not. I'm in my own painting with my own field chasing my own kites, sometimes laughing, and sometimes crying. Hoping someone will just see my stretched out hand. Well this is my painting.

October 10, 2002
4:04 pm
beenthruthat
Members

Ohhhh...

Glad to be here. First, take the shoes off (again). Came right here from work. I sit on the ledge and let the sunshine warm my bones. Hey, SC, is that mulled cider? Oh Yeah, I'm interested!

I see the kids are trying to catch bugs out in the garden. I can hear them laughing outside. They don't mind the dampness, it's kind of fun for them actually.

I just like the respite. Too much work, too much hustle from one place to another. Let's take a minute to sip, and soak up the sun. What's that mossrose? Tell me about how your day went. You seem to be transforming before my eyes. The bitterness is flowing away, leaving you with more smiles and laughter. I like that.

Ladeska, Jade, CiCi and Tracylyn; come over here and let's talk. SC, how about it? And what's for dinner? I just LOVE chicken and dumplings...

Uh Cici, should we get some ice for that 'yarn' burn?

October 10, 2002
4:48 pm
Cici
Members

Heh heh heh. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. For a while I therapeutically knit and unraveled, knit and unraveled, knit and unraveled, until the yarn got all straggly.

Word, Jenny (ha ha ha). Mossrose is sounding happier and happier as the days go by. No more dark night of the soul?

My husband broke his finger playing football last night. He set it himself and waited until today to go to the doctor, and now he has to see an orthopedic surgeon because he snapped the tendon that you use to curl your finger to make a fist. I was so grossed out when he set the finger and I heard that snap. Idiot. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. Kind of. Not really. heh. :)~

Anyhoo, I also have a recipie for a "hot toddy" as my great-grandmother called it (and she was kicked out of Rock Lick Baptist church for her morning, afternoon, evening and bedtime toddies).

1 shot of whiskey;
6 oz. hot water;
lemon juice to your taste (I like about 1/4 of a lemon);
1 Tablespoon honey (orange blossom honey, yummmers)

Sprinkle cinnamon and allspice on if ya like.

Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 247
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 110929
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38539
Newest Members:
stanley, LarteyWellnessGroup, dr ado spell caster, Leslie Ann Satin, overmyhead201, delight1080
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer