Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
COFFEEHOUSE
October 9, 2002
12:20 pm
Ladeska
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Okay guys....I suggested that someone else do this not too long ago, but now that I think about it - it just needs to be done here. We discuss alot of hard issues here and it can get rather heavy at times, but that's okay because - it's necessary to lay it all out to get to the bottom of things or to "just be heard".

But, there also needs to be some lighthearted stuff going on, too. Maybe a place where we can use our imaginations a bit... I did this years ago on another board/forum and it was alot of fun. Basically, it's a cyber place where things are kept light and cozy, where you come in and people welcome you. It's also quite the fun thing as far as painting pictures with words. I ask that everyone do that. Bring something to the table here as far as making this place live and breathe as a real place. Help people reading - visualize the place. I'll start and then you guys can follow.... All I ask is - that it be kept on a positive note. So go ahead and get on your creative writing thinking cap!!! This isn't just a thread - it's a cyber "place" so make it come to life!

October 9, 2002
12:33 pm
Ladeska
Members

Hm,m,m......paint smells fresh. White is good for now... Need to open up the windows, let a breeze in, get some coffee made, maybe hazelnut first. This is just soo nice because we have this nice long area inside and then the same size patio out front with a little white picket fence around it. Is just so homey! I need to get someone to paint a mural on the back wall though...maybe an artist will show up and volunteer..

Not sure what colors to go with as far as cushions for the little white wicker chairs and tables. I was thinking maybe rose, mint green and white. Then again, we can always change the colors, too. Hopefully someone will bring in hanging baskets of bright pretty flowers soon....

I'll put my cockatoo in his cage outside so he can talk to the customers and passerbys. He's pretty sassy, have to watch him sometimes...can get really full of himself!

Okay, got the muffins in the oven - pumpkin with chocolate chips! Got a bit of soup in the kettle, too. Beef vegetable and nope, not out of a can either. Homemade. Expecting some fresh pies later. Sun's shining in, warming up the place, coffee is brewing, got some nice classical music on and it's a rather nice morning here....good breeze blowing in - someone's cutting grass down the street...smells good!

October 9, 2002
12:37 pm
gypsygirl
Members
Forum Posts: 0

I'll have a cup of Chai tea.

I was driving in my truck the other day and I noticed that I was smiling, for no reason at all. I thought for a moment that I was feverish. I haven't been happy in years. I am smiling today also.

I found all of my old recipes for lip balms and perfumes and herbal remidies and such. I added them to my book.

Flower Petals on the Grass

You and me in a memory.

Were sitting on a summer evening.

The sky outside is purple,

and daisies are in the field.

A tear streaks down your face,

while your thoughts are far away.

I reached out for your hand,

But you got up and ran away.

Flower petals on the grass,

sprinkled with your tears.

Thats all thats left of my memory,

because you couldn't tell me how you feel.

October 9, 2002
12:47 pm
Ladeska
Members

Hi Gypsygirl!! Well pick out your favorite chair since you get first dibs here and sip our tea, put your feet up since no one else is in here....take a load off..

Lovely poem, btw. Hearfelt... Smiles are good. Takes far less muscles to smile than to frown, ya know?

So you got any herbal remedies to share?

October 9, 2002
1:04 pm
Cici
Members

Lovely poem. 🙂

Burp. Coffee gives me heartburn. ME. Heartburn. I'm 23, for freak's sake. Burp.

October 9, 2002
1:27 pm
gypsygirl
Members

Anti-Flu

2 teaspoons cayenne pepper,1 1/2 teaspoons seasalt or common salt, 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup apple cider vinegar.

Grind together the cayenne pepper and salt to form a paste. Add boiling water ( or some strong, strained camomile tea) steep and cool. Add the vinegar to the water. Most adults can take between a teaspoon to a tablespoon every half hour. If it seems to strong dilute it.

October 9, 2002
1:28 pm
Ladeska
Members

Here's pretty little Bib, Cici - just for you! I'll wash it and keep it for you, so burp away!

October 9, 2002
1:31 pm
Jadedragon
Members

OR, wonderful chinese recipe, take fresh ginger, cut it up, and dried longan, throw into boiling water and add honey until desired sweetness is met, ( in my case NAUSEATINGLY SWEET) boil until the longan are full, and the tea is dark brown. Generous amounts of BOTH ingredient, the longan is traditional therapy for when you are on the rag!!! VIVE PMS!!BARGHHHHHHHh;-(

October 9, 2002
1:31 pm
Ladeska
Members

Awesome Gypsygirl! Will put that up on the bulletin board over here by the door! Thank you! And anything else you can give us - we'd appreciate! Muffins are up - dig in! Soup is also ready. Got a big loaf of homemade bread coming soon to go with it.

October 9, 2002
1:35 pm
Jadedragon
Members

Dragon with her entourage of 7 HOUNDS comes joggin up, wipes sweat from her brow, attempts to get the mutts under control (FAILS) shyly walks in and orders a bowl of CHAI made with soy milk. ( can't drink milk) AHHHH heaven in a bowl, grabs the freebie newspaper, and plunks down on the patio, Poochlings settle down around, a couple under the table, Bear under the chair, Mia, looking her usual sphisticated self hops in the chair opposite, Fatima, goes begging for whatever anybody will feed her, and Schau Mei, watches , to see if Fatima gets lucky, Dancer is making friends with Gypsygirl....

October 9, 2002
1:40 pm
Ladeska
Members

Just tacked this up on the bulletin board, you guys might like to read it, just found it in some old things...good writing!

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to the dull and ignorant;

they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline be gentle to yourself.

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars and you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life,

keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

October 9, 2002
1:58 pm
Cici
Members

Hey!

"To know oneself, one should assert oneself. Psychology is action, not thinking about oneself. We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. " - Camus

There is also an old gypsy saying "Perfection is death."

This one's for you Ladeska:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; don't walk behind me, I may not lead; walk beside me, and just be my friend."

October 9, 2002
2:04 pm
Ladeska
Members

PUPPIES!!!! Love them! Oh my - WOW, what a welcome that was - haven't had that much fur around me since a tried on my aunt's fur coat when I was 5!! Here's your tea, Missy Jade! Take your shoes off, prop up your feet, sun the toes! Clara, my cockatoo is intently watching the dogs, full mohawk going on here....

October 9, 2002
2:17 pm
Ladeska
Members

Ah yes, good words to go with my soup...mouth is full, but smiling at you anyways - you know "where" I walk and that's right beside ya, babe! Get over here and gimme a hug, grab a bowl and dip up some soup! Ain't half bad if I do say so myself. Looks like Gypsy has found herself a friend over there. Wierd to see such a big dog sitting in a person's lap!!

October 9, 2002
2:22 pm
gypsygirl
Members

As long as she don't lick my face. Hands are ok. What about the smell of my cats? Does she like cats?

October 9, 2002
2:33 pm
Ladeska
Members

I bought an old loom the other day...thought I might put it over here in the corner and see if anyone has an interest in looming.. I kinda like the sound of that shuttle passing back and forth, has a rhythm to it that's just nice..and watching the fabric being formed is almost hypnotizing, like peaceful medicine for the eyes. Got a basketful of yarn here, already on spools...nice colors.. If anyone knows how to loom maybe they could make a nice throw for people who get cold when they come in...

The fireplace on the side wall is nice, huh? Haven't started it up yet, but will soon. Also thought I'd get a popcorn machine in here just for kicks and giggles. Going to put up a little stage in the other corner for people to play guitar or whatever for us. Pretty much is just going to be open for anyone that wants to entertain.

October 9, 2002
2:48 pm
Cici
Members

I know how to knit, but I don't know how to finish my the stitch. So I can knit and endlessly long ream that will never end. I'm just sittin in my rockin' chair with my corncob pipe knitting furiously.
Soup? Sounds good.
Easy chicken N' Dumplings:
cooked chicken breast cubed
1 can biscuits
1 can chicken broth
celery
carrots
Boil sliced carrots and celery in chicken broth until tender. Add cooked chicken breast, cubed. Add spices (whatever you like, except maybe that yummy steak sauce). Place uncooked biscuits on simmering broth. Sprinkle with paprika and cracked black pepper. Cover. Steam until biscuits are fluffy, about 10 minutes...

October 9, 2002
2:54 pm
Ladeska
Members

I've been Wanting this quick recipe!!! How did you know??? Way Kewl!

October 9, 2002
3:02 pm
Ladeska
Members

Anyone got good recipes for quiche?

October 9, 2002
3:02 pm
syqg
Members

Whew! I need a little break from these little ones.........I plop down put my feet up(can I please?) and toss the hair out of my face and give a little grin as I cut my cell phone off. I brought with me all of my candles.....I have strawberry scented, grape, vanilla...you name it. I think maybe vanilla for the now white room. I just lit a few of them and now I'll lean back relax and wait for someone to paint me a pretty scene on the wall........

October 9, 2002
3:07 pm
mossrose
Members

< --walks dreamily into Ladeskas cyber cafe and grins a cheshire cat grin. "Hi girls, so nice to see you in such a warm and nurturing place with the company of our sisters!" "I love this place, just what we needed!" A huge basket filled to the brim with flowers, fresh baked multigrain rolls, fresh delicatessan cheeses such as brie, camambert, stilton, roquefort sit proudly next to the still warm buns. "I thought i would bring a cafe warming gift, most of which i made myself:) I picked the flowers from my garden, the last of the summers blooms. A huge glass vase is quickly produced and mossrose fills it skillfully with salal, wild roses, lavender and ferns. All the time smiling to the ladies in the room. "Its been a long time since we had an opportunity to be really light and friendly. I love the idea of having our own cafe" I have also brought along my mural paints and have chalked in half a day to paint the back wall next to the fireplace with a mural very similar to Van Goghs vibrant colored "sunflowers" Do you all think this would be fitting? A chair is pulled up next to the fire and i prop my feet on the brightly colored otterman while admiring the fabric design and colors. You know girls, i have something to say, of all my time here at "all about" I have come so far and grown so much and i have one single important thing to tell you all. Its now the single most guiding factor in my life, i hold this knowledge closest to my heart as it took so much to truly integrate into my being. I will never not remember it again. I used to understand it intellectually but i never REALLY understood it emotionally , until recently. Its called the key principle of "outflowing" or giving. The universe is made of pure energy, the nature of which is to move and flow. The nature of life is constant change, constant flux. When we understand this, we tune into its rhythem and we are able to give and receive freely, knowing that we never really lose anything, but constantly gain. Once we begin to learn to accept the goodness of the universe, we naturally want to share it as well, realizing that as we give out of ourenergy, we make space for more to flow into us. When, through insecurity (fear) and a feeling that there "isnt enough", we try to hold onto or cling to what we have, we begin to cut off this wonderful flow of energy. In the process of hanging onto what we have, we fail to keep the energy moving and we dont make space for new energy to come to us. This energy take smany forms, such as love, affection, appreciation and recognition, material possessions, money, and friendship. The principles apply equally to all these forms. If you look around you at those most unhappy, youll often find that they are people who have a "starved" felling in some way, and are therefore taking a very grasping posture toward life. They feel that life in general and other people in particular are not giving them what they need. It is as if they ahve a stranglehold on life, trying desperately to wring out the love and satisfaction they crave, yet actually choking off the supply. And many of us have this tendency. When we find tha tplace within ourselves that is giving, we begin to reverse the flow. True giving happens not from a space of sacrifice, or self righteousness, or an idea of spirituality, but for the pure pleasure of it - because its fun. It can only come from a full, loving space. We each have an infinte supply of love and happiness within us. WE have been accustomed to thinking that we have to get something from outside us in order to be happy, but in truth it works the other way: We must learn to contact our inner source of happiness and satisfaction and flow it outward to share with others - not because it is virtuous to do so, but because it feels really good! Once we tune into it we just naturally want to share it because that is the essential nature of lvoe, and we are all loving beings. As we outflow our loving energy, we make room for more to flow into us. We soon discover that this process feels so good in itself we just want to do it more and more. And ht emore you share of yourself from this space, the more you seem to get form the world, because of the outflow-inflow principle. (Nature abhors a vacuum, so as you outflow you create space into which something must flow. ) Giving becomes its own reward. When we fully undrestand nad live this principle, we have manifested our innately loving nature. The more "giving " we are , the easier it will be to fulfill our dreams but we also need to be equally open to receiving and that "giving: also means giving to ourselves.. I will no longer try to extract love from any one any more, love will come to me as i give it to others and to myself. I hope you can all benefit from this core truth.

October 9, 2002
3:10 pm
Anonymous
Members

Hey Everyone!

I am going to sit outside by the door in the back, there are so many beautiful flowers back here, in the rock garden and around the edges! And the waterfountain calms me, not one to socialize all that much, but just wanted to come in and say hi and park my self by the french door over here, the sky is so blue today and the birds are chirping ever so loudly, that i can't really even think here:)
Anyhow, Its a picture prefect day and I just wanted you all to know i am here, and ready to talk to anyone who wants too, just enjoying the beautiful garden and the blessings of GOD out here:)

Love and Hugs to Everyone:)
Kimberly Ann

October 9, 2002
3:10 pm
mossrose
Members

ghad, sorry for the typos and no para's...in a hurry!
I will be back later to paint the mural:))))
Namaste girls!

October 9, 2002
3:15 pm
Anonymous
Members

HI! Finaly - a safe place to play!!!

yayyy - i brought toys. theres some for everyone - just look in the bag and take your pick. sorry i brought so many bubbles - love bubbles.

i brought my clarinet too. but dont worry - i wont play the polka. hehe

excuse me a minute while i fly around the room for a bit and feel what its like to be free.

hugsss -firefly

October 9, 2002
3:16 pm
mossrose
Members

Toys???
LOL

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 247
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 110929
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38539
Newest Members:
stanley, LarteyWellnessGroup, dr ado spell caster, Leslie Ann Satin, overmyhead201, delight1080
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer