Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_TopicIcon
3 goals for 2007
January 4, 2007
7:33 pm
chickyfighter
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Trebaby, wow, you have wonderful goals and on top of them, you go girl!! 🙂
I did a couple marathons, and once you do them it feels good. My goal was to do them under 4 hrs and I di both times...Keep up the good work!

I have been afraid to want to set the next goal for me b/c I have never competed againts anyone but myself.However I have wanted to compete for fitness show...before I turn 40, so I have 6 yrs to go...maybe I should do it now, I don't know I can fit that in me b/c I will have to be very disciplined, running for me has been easy and fun and like a drug, but w/a competition it takes so much more stamina, and frankly it can even be unhealthy b/c I have to drop body fat to numbers we women have a hard time reaching...
anyhow sounds great keep up the great work!
Let us know how u continue to do.

January 10, 2007
3:08 am
trebaby
Members

so, thought i'd touch base and let you all know that i'm on track with my running. i had never run anything before i turned 30 and once i started, a 5k consistently took me about 45 minutes to complete. well, tonight, during my lunch break, i ran a 5k in 38 minutes! and best of all, i ran 2.65 miles of it and 2.25 miles of that without stopping! i'm so proud of me.

and over the weekend, i made a few more payments but i have much farther to go to be fiscally sound.

no other progress to report as of yet but, it is only the 10th. all good things in due time.

hope you all are progressing and growing.

January 10, 2007
3:43 am
ju
Members

my 3 goals for 2007....

-get out of my house, away from my abusive fiance forever

-do the things i have been stopped from doing by my over bearing controling fiance such as
*get my nose pierced
*get a tattoo to symbolise me and my best mates friendship and times together
*go out drink and dance myself stupid!
*dye my hair!
*get a puppy(depending on funds $$$)

-live my life the way i want to, learn to love myself again and be a 19 year old and love life!

oh and 2 more little goals...

-sell one of my paintings
-write a book,(ive already started writing it but i want to keep going!)

and as i wrote in the thread about 2007 catch phrases mine for this year is.....

*a year for me, a year to be free*

January 10, 2007
8:13 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Trebaby, great work, I am proud that you are running again. I always say that we must always challenge ourselves, never shall we compare ourselves to the one next to us.
Keep it up!!:)

January 12, 2007
1:19 am
trebaby
Members

thanks for the encouragement chickyfighter. i very much so appreciate it and use it to push me along the tough turns in the road.

an ju, good for you! what fun goals and quite focused ones for someone 19.

funny, i'm 38 but i've recently been considering a lower back tattoo. something ornate and curved... 😉

January 12, 2007
7:22 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Trebaby I am not 19, I am also in my early 30's!! thanks though... I had a tatoo when I was in my mid 20's and I loved it b/c it is one of a beautiful cross, it's one I'd be happy with now and when I turn 80, LOL if I live that long.;)

January 12, 2007
7:41 pm
arlea
Members

AWESOME trebaby.... I did not start running until I was in my twentys so there is hope for older folks...lol. If you need any help with running please feel free to ask me as it is a great therapy. A bit about my running, I have been running for years (mostly from relationships....lol) but have managed some nice times. I"m here to help especially running...lol Have ran several marathons including Boston... and have also done some triathlons including Hawaii... please feel free to ask.. and don't rush your progress cause you are doing AWESOME.

cheers

Rob

January 13, 2007
12:36 pm
arlea
Members

Now you went and did it trebaby! After not running in a long long time I strapped on the old shoes and hit the roads. Not sure how far I went but I had a goal of 15 min.s which is what I did. Nice drizzly day and perfect with a long sleave t-shirt.... hmmm wonder if I can keep it up?

January 13, 2007
8:59 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Arlea, this sounds great, Trebaby inspired you. I am so happy to see how everyone is being encouraged by another person on here, Wonderful guys, keep it up! !! 🙂

January 14, 2007
5:36 pm
trebaby
Members

arlea?! i inspired you? that's so awesome. glad to've re-lit your spark. the rest of the week was crazy busy so i didn't get another good run in after that but i'm also trying to vary my workouts and incorporate some strength training and cross-training so that i am generally just stronger this time.

and while i'm here, i should let everyone know that i went online this evening and began my dissolution. it's not finished because i need a little help with some of the answers but i would say this puts me well on my way to accomplishing goal or keeping resolution number 1.

hope everyone else is well and making progress.

January 20, 2007
4:46 pm
triciaisok
Members

Hi everyone

I am not doing well on my exercise goal. My emotional and spirtual growth is doing better thought. Just been through some whirlwinds of seeing red flags and thanks to others in support groups I waited and the truth came out.

I still care about the person who hurt me but I have learned to detach.
I am detaching with love to those who cause pain and learning to nuture myself as God intends me to be. Hope all is well -

January 21, 2007
5:10 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Tricia, I am so proud of your achievements. What type of support groups do you attend?

Exercise most definitely helps deal w/life, stress, did I say life? lol

Spiritual growth is one thing that many people seem to lack and it is so sad that people can grow so old and yet not even want to grow in that sense.

...I hope you continue to grow healthier and stronger on your journey and that detaching is becoming a bit easier. I love how you are also embracing that you still can feel love towards those that hurt you although at the same time you have learned to remove yourself from their space b/c these people are toxic to your inner peace and overall growth...God bless Hon, and keep posting, we love to hear how everyone is doing.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: UTC -8

Most Users Ever Online: 247

Currently Online:
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

onedaythiswillpass: 1134

zarathustra: 562

StronginHim77: 453

free: 433

2013ways: 431

curious64: 408

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 49

Members: 110812

Moderators: 5

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 74

Topics: 38534

Newest Members:

BellaDazy, hecnbrDazy, uhtwbzDazy, rosalynve4, agrippichDazy, climbexpert

Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0

Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer