Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
3 goals for 2007
December 26, 2006
7:35 pm
chickyfighter
Members
Forum Posts: -1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi, I want to thank Ned for this great idea for a new thread. Hopefully we can check on here and see our progress. we can just start on these today we don't have to wait to Jan 1st.
Mine are the following:
1. Digging deep and finding out what my true passion in life is and work on achieving it.

2. Learning to self love.

3. I think this one is in the works, I have been in nothing but non nurturing relationships since I can recall so I want to stay away from them but I want to also learn how to have healthy loving relationships and not pushing these away...(I am not sure what # 3 is just yet, will f/u).

December 26, 2006
7:43 pm
veggiemom
Members
Forum Posts: 1

1.To figure out how to love and respect myself.

2.To be a better mother.

3.To be more financially responsible and get out of the(financial) mess I am in.

December 26, 2006
8:02 pm
Rasputin
Members
Forum Posts: 0

Wow what a smart and timely thread Chicky!

Right now I'm struggling with the following area(s):

- Cross the x jerk out of my life for ever.

- Learn to appreciate my present friend who is a wonderful guy.

- Live for the present & not worry about the future. For it takes care of itself.

These goals are what I must work on improving for the time being.

~Ras~

December 26, 2006
8:36 pm
lollipop3
Members

1. Quit smoking and take better care of myself physically.....eat right, enough sleep, walking, LEARN TO RELAX.

2. Work on procrastination, perfectionism and work at keeping my house free of clutter....which all seem to go hand in hand.

3. Spend more time with my father.

4. Continue to work to better my relationship.

I know that's four...but I didn't want to leave any out.

December 26, 2006
8:47 pm
Ned 348
Members

Today I was in the store and the cashier asked me "How are you today sir?". I said "Alright". She said "Is that the best you can do sir? Alright?" "You know " she continued "today is a very hard day for a lot of people and here you are up and about". So I said "I'm doing great". She said "That is much better". She brightened my mood and actually had me laughing.

But the more I started thinking about what she said the more it made me want to apologize to Him because I have a lot to be thankful for. Why do we do that? Go around and say alright or pretty good. I know when we do that we sell ourselves short. Everything starts with a positive attitude. So that is going to be my number one goal (thanks cashier lady).

1. To have a more appreciative attitude or what I have and the power to accomplish what I want.

2. To lose 10 pounds now that the holidays are almost over. Once this is accomplished I'll replace it.

3. To open up an investment account in January and follow through during the year.

December 26, 2006
10:25 pm
Ned 348
Members

No chickyfighter we WILL check on here for our progress. We are all going to coaching partners.

Every month at the first of the month we will state our progress as to what we are doing and what we have accomplished. Hopefully more people will join in but we can update one another with whatever number of people we have. I believe in you guys so I don't want to be the one who says I haven't done anything each month. This should be a lot of fun to see what we can do.

Great goals btw.

December 27, 2006
8:54 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Ned, thanks, I will make it a point to check in monthly if nothing else. I guess my # 3 is just that to allow myself to feel loved but I guess that goes w/# 2 b/c if I can't accomplish 2 # 3 can't work. So how about #3 making it about fitness/nutrition. I will start being more disciplined on my eating habits...I am fit, but I think that if I did not work out so much I would be huge....I think when I am stressed, sad, or such I eat...I'll work on that making food fuel not a crutch for emotional upsets...
Thanks guys!
Btw, One of the best things to wake up to is to pick something we are thankful for each morning...A thankful heart brings us to humbleness, positive attitude and appreciation.

December 27, 2006
9:00 pm
masaalways
Members

1. To mature spiritual, physical and emotional self.
2. To be a be a better mother and friend.
3. To enjoy the pleasures and gratifications of learning.

December 27, 2006
10:27 pm
chloeysmomma
Members

1.find a part time job when i have weekends free to do that
2.practice test and take it for drivers lisence
3.try to keep my goals and not procrastinate
4.try and vist my grandmas grave and put flowers on it '
5.and try to be more condsiderate of others
sorry i went over lol

December 27, 2006
10:57 pm
Ned 348
Members

Actually when chickyfighter and I set this up, it was to be at least three goals. Listing more goals is just fine. So go for it. If you have anything you want to report in between months that is fine too. I think that will be motivating to others but of course we still must check in at the beginning of each month.

I'm enjoying this. Keep 'em coming.

December 27, 2006
11:05 pm
clownface
Members

Hi Folks:

I'll join in if you don't mind! My goals for 2007:

1. Loose some weight
2. Go to bed earlier
3. Laugh more
4. Work smarter
5. Relax more
6. Enjoy life and look for the sunshine in each day!
7. Do some random acts of kindness

These should be fairly easy to do!

I plan to be positively good to myself in 2007~something I have NEVER done!

Peace & Joy to all in the coming year,

Clownface 🙂

December 28, 2006
6:15 am
revelation
Members

Great thread....ok here is mine!

Continuing to keep on being positive with myself.

Getting on well with my photography and meeting lots of new people through it.

Doing the best I possible can in college this year.

Thanks!
Rev.

December 28, 2006
10:10 am
cyndra820
Members

This is a neat thread. Now all I have to do is remember to check in once a month!!!

1. Continue what I'm doing to lose weight and reach my fitness goals.

2. Continue getting emotionally and mentally healthy.

3. Buy a house.

4. Get a dog.

5. Give and receive joy.

6. Do at least one random act of kindness a month.

December 28, 2006
10:28 am
Tiger Trainer
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Wow 3 Goals okay

I want to exercise daily

Practice my anager control techniques

Learn to love my husband for what he is.

December 28, 2006
10:34 am
Guests

Goals:

1. To complete the renovations of my house by June 2007

2. To laugh out loud at least four times per day.

3. Be deeply grateful for at least one simple event every day.

December 28, 2006
4:34 pm
readyforachange
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Great idea!

1. To become more financially secure, and pay off some debt.

2. To exercise at least 2 times a week, and to eat better.

3. To try not to sweat the small stuff, because with two teenagers, there's LOTS of small stuff.

Happy 2007!

December 28, 2006
8:45 pm
chickyfighter
Members

I have one more goal, 4. to constantly speak life into my life, and envision myself already having those goals each day.
Great goals guys!! 🙂

December 28, 2006
10:44 pm
Ned 348
Members

These are great goals.

Checking in once a month will be easy. Chickyfighter or I will just send out a thread at the beginning of each month called February Update of 2007 Goals, then the March Update of 2007 Goals etc. So then all you have to do is spill your guts (along with us). That's the easy part; getting moving off inertia is the harder part, at least harder until we gain some momentum.

December 30, 2006
11:00 am
risingfromtheashes
st regis falls, ny
Members
Forum Posts: 14

Here are my goals -

I, too, need to rid myself of clutter.

I will continue to work at being positive.

I will continue to work at making my end of the relationship healthy.

I will start "reshaping" my body with a commitment to daily exercise and eating right. I have dreams of being fit and active and I REALLY want that for 2007.

I will become more physically active and outgoing.

I will shop less and focus on my long term financial goals of owning or building my own home and rebuilding my credit.

I will work hard at making my career as successful as it can be, as it has the potential to be.

I will also work at furthering my education in some way.

many big goals, but I really set the foundation for most of them at the end of 2006 - I just have to keep putting the right foot forward and not kicking myself if I have to take a step or two backwards sometimes.

December 31, 2006
9:47 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Hi guys, I am doing great! I had already started on my goals b/c I think we are creatures who were not meant to ever stop growing spiritually and being one w/God (or a higher, not trying to impose my Christian beliefs here, sorry).
On goal one. I have started focusing on maintaining consciously a positive energy around me and becoming one in God, this is helping me have inner peace and w/it I pray soon I will know what my true passion is. So far I have been going to the gym and although I have always gone I realize it is one of my passions, now the question is if I shall take it to another level and what is that exactly, still praying on it...
2. I have started 2 new books one give n to me by a g/f on all that we ask shall be given to us, and one on self esteem, both to help me love me better and become more whole every step of the way.
3. I have a last relationship that damaged me alot. I am thankful for it has pushed me to grow and want to learn what was wrong that I attracted such beings and so I have learned that like things are attracted to similar things...I am changing from w/in so I can attract a wonderful loving , kind, God fearing/abiding, ambitious,gorgeous, loyal being (is there such a being?) lol I pray there is one for me...This person txt me a happy xmas and happy new yr message but I have learned that sometimes sharing beyond ourselves to transform is by going outside of our comfort zone. It would have been easy for me to jump at the chance of communicating w/him again but that enables his cold ways, that he doens't need to value me or even apologize b/c I will be there no matter what...Is that what I want in my life? No!!
I deserve more and I only get what I allow in my life I make my life what it is thus I did not respond.

About my healthy eating, 🙂
I am still eating mostly healthy but more than I need I guess, lots improvement needed, (thanks God I love the gym, lol).

Ok so one last thing. I have to share w/you this wonderful movie I have seen "The secret" it is amazing, watch it, you can google it and find it online.
Happy New year Everyone, Hope you have left all the old behind and have so much great expectation for this upcoming yr...each day is a new chance to make what you want out of your life.
Happy New Yr!!

December 31, 2006
9:56 pm
Hurts_so_bad
Members

My goals for 2007 are:

1) To love myself
2) Eat right and walk daily for exercise.
3) Be more assertive when necessary and not settle for less.

January 2, 2007
8:10 pm
chickyfighter
Members

Hurts so bad sounds great. I wish everyone is doing well, and already going on their goals.

Ned how are you doing? I know we said we'd check in every month but we can do it more often, we need more than monthly encouragement so pls feel welcome to get it here...hopefully we can all help out.

January 3, 2007
4:09 am
Rasputin
Members
Forum Posts: 0

Here are my other goals for 2007:

I would like to:

- Floss my teeth nightly. I bought a floss as I promised you folks here a couple of months ago, and I honestly touched it only Once or Twice ever since. OMG!!! LOL

- Increase my charity giving to more than 10% of my income.

- Spend more time with kitty.

- Have more fun and be less workaholic.

- Pamper myself every day.

Folks, I need your help to make them come true!

January 3, 2007
5:25 am
triciaisok
Members

3 goals:
exercise at least 20 min. 3 times a week.

stick to a financial budget.

build on friendships that give and take not just take.

January 3, 2007
9:05 pm
trebaby
Members

my goals for 2007 are really a list of things to do...thinking of them like that to me makes them seem more easily doable...

so they are:
1) get myself out of the stifling marriage i'm in asap

2) complete my degree

3) train for and run at least half of a half marathon

4) continue my fitness/nutrition focus from last year and reach my goal weight--then pare down to two (not three) closets

5) throw my son a fun 5th birthday party

6) stabilize financially--I'm so sick and tired of debt and the added expenses that come with mishandling my money!!!!

7) clean up the clutter blocking the blessings in my personal spaces--my cube, my garage, my car, my basement

8) express myself creating completely beautiful and fun retreats in my bedroom and my son's. I have a flair for this and this year, I'm going to do it for myself and my son instead of giving it all away, decorating/designing for my friends and family.

That said, I've just about emptied my favorite tote bag that's been on file under my desk of all the important (2001) papers within and I've cleared enough desktop space that I can see the edge of it. And I've started training. I'm two days in and running 2 miles straight at a decent pace and I'm doing it while working two jobs. And the first of many bills out of control is current and all my accounts are in the positive! A few small baby steps.

This is awesome. Hopefully this time next year, I'll be thinking proudly of all I accomplished for once in a year rather than only of all the many things I need to do.

Thanks for the thread!!!!

Best wishes and God speed to you all.

tre

Forum Timezone: UTC -8
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
onedaythiswillpass: 1134
zarathustra: 562
StronginHim77: 453
free: 433
2013ways: 431
curious64: 408
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 49
Members: 110964
Moderators: 5
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 74
Topics: 38560
Newest Members:
samzy12, mycvdesigner, JayGriffin212, Youse1937, Cannabeme, charli55
Moderators: arochaIB: 1, devadmin: 9, Tincho: 0, Donn Gruta: 0, Germain Palacios: 0
Administrators: admin: 21, ShiningLight: 572, emily430: 29

Copyright © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Health Disclaimer | Do Not Sell My Personal Information