Welcome to All About Counseling .com
Addiction is one of the most challenging problems dealt with in counseling. Those engaging in addiction treatment should be aware that the process is seldom simple or easy.... continued »
There are many times a person may seek counseling. In most some instances, counseling becomes an urgent need. During life crises, when severe change threatens your ability... continued »
Death is the inevitable result of life - and one of the most traumatic and stressful transitions for you and your family. Whether you're dealing with a past death, or... continued »
Self-help doesn’t have to mean lonely years spent with library books telling you what you’re doing wrong with your life. Self-help is ultimately about making strong,... continued »
When you, a friend, or a loved one is diagnosed with a terminal illness, a process is begun: the process of preparing for death. For many, this time of preparation can be... continued »
Genetic or Family Traits Research studies among family members, along with those conducted on siblings, especially twins, and those who are placed for adoption have shown... continued »
Who Needs Exposure Therapy? Persons who have trouble navigating the world around them due to fear or anxiety about performing life skills that would assist them in... continued »
A mentor and a life coach carry the same concept. In place of a casual relationship with a mentor, one can hire a life coach to work through certain issues or seek... continued »
This site serves as a rich source of information and discussion on issues that affect people's lives and the lives of those around them. From personal problems to specialized issues such as careers, education, physical or emotional health, marriage and relationships, sexual behavior, or drug and alcohol addiction counseling.
Browse AllAboutCounseling.com to learn more about mental health, psychological, or human development principles and topics that address wellness, personal growth, pathology and more.
- Aging and Growing Old – For many, growing older is a positive experience. For others it can also bring change at a time when we are least able to adapt to change. The thought of living wills, friends passing away, wheelchairs and...
- Alcohol and Drug Effects Basics – Learn about the effects of drugs such as amphetamines, opiates, marijuana, cocaine and more. Get facts on the signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol addiction, withdrawal symptoms, detox programs, and rehabilitation and treatment programs.
- Anxiety – In most situations, anxiety is normal and healthy, and not something that needs to be treated. However, sometimes anxiety in situations such as giving speeches can rise to unhealthy levels...
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Trauma – A guide to better understand sexual abuse of children’s statistics, causes, and related trauma, dissociation or amnesia. Discusses the effects and outcomes for the abused and the abusers.
- Chronic Illness or Disability – An ongoing illness one doesn’t heal from can be a debilitating scenario. People with chronic problems may face pain and distress or have limits brought on by the illness or disability.
- Codependency and Codependent Behavior – A concept originally developed to acknowledge the responses and behaviors developed from living with an alcoholic or substance abuser. Over the years, it has expanded into a definition which describes a dysfunctional pattern of living and problem solving developed during childhood by family rules.
- 1-800 Crisis Hotlines – From drug addiction interventions to suicide prevention counseling, domestic violence or runaway children, there are crisis intervention hot lines you can call for emergency assistance.
- Cultural Issues – Understanding the cultural aspects of our lives, from the role mass media or language play, to learning how to deal with stereotypes and racism. Discusses the basics of culture in America.
- Different Types of Counseling Approaches – Therapy and counseling have a number of approaches. This describes the basic therapeutic approaches which range from cognitive, to primal psychotherapy and Gestalt therapy.
- Domestic Violence – Insight into the causes, effects, victims, and perpetrators of domestic violence including basic statistics, a number of interesting aspects regarding gender, laws, and the impact of drugs and alcohol use.
- Relaxation Techniques – Take advantage of powerful relaxation techniques such as progressive relaxation, biofeedback, guided imagery, and externalizing to reduce stress, achieve calm under duress, and balance your mood.
Find Local Counselors, Therapists, Addiction Treatment & Other Services
Practical information, facts, opinion, and resources.
Our directory of counselors, therapists, alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs, and other professionals offers contact info, ratings, reviews and editorial overviews to help you make your important decision.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
Library of Articles: Counseling, Mental Health, Self-Help & Personal Development, and More
Discuss Counseling, Self-Help, Drug Abuse & Other Topics in Our Forum
Share with others in our anonymous discussion forums with more than 20,000 members, 36,000 topics, and more than 700,000 individual replies. Here myriad topics are addressed, ideas and feelings expressed, and countless issues overcome.
- Marriage Counseling
- For Couples
- Credit Counseling
- For Family
- Online Therapy
- Addiction Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- School & Education
- More Counseling Discussions
- Drug Addiction Treatment
- Drug Rehab Programs
- Alcoholism Signs & Symptoms
- Alcohol Rehab Programs
- More Addiction Treatment Discussions