Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Google Bookmarks
  • PDF
  • Yahoo! Bookmarks

Hash Overdose

The Effects Of THC

Hash is a more potent form of marijuana that maximizes the effect of THC, marijuana’s active ingredient. Because of its relative potency, hash overdoses are more common than marijuana overdoses and often occur in first time hash users.

A hash overdose is rarely fatal, and usually results in unpleasant effects that subside in five or more hours (although the effects of hash can last upwards of a day). However, there are some situations in which hash overdose could be dangerous or deadly:

  • When the drug is taken with other drugs
  • When a person with a heart or lung condition takes hash
  • If massive amounts of the drug (far above what would be taken for recreational use) are consumed

If you or someone you know is believed to have overdosed on hash, there are a few helpful things to keep in mind, starting with the symptoms of a hash overdose.

Symptoms And Signs Of A Hash Overdose

There are a relatively wide range of symptoms associated with a hash overdose. In most cases, hash users will report a high similar to that of marijuana users, but far more intense. As more and more of the drug is consumed, intense feelings of nausea may begin, often accompanied by vomiting.

A person overdosing on hash may feel dizzy and uncoordinated and may faint. The stimulant effects of hash can also become very pronounced and unpleasant. The heartbeat may speed up or become irregular, and the drug user may take short, shallow, and irregular breaths. This is of particular concern if the drug user has a history of cardiovascular or respiratory issues.

Long-time hash users are generally aware of the amount of the drug that they’re taking, so overdoses occur more often in first time hash users who may be accustomed to marijuana. However, long-time hash users can still overdose, especially when they’re not aware of the relative potency of their hash.

Treating An Overdose On Hash

In most situations, a hash overdose will be extremely unpleasant but not dangerous. However, if the symptoms of the overdose are severe, a doctor’s assistance may be required. This is often true if the drug was taken with other drugs. Hash has both a stimulant and a depressant effect, so taking hash with other drugs is not recommended given the potency of hash in any of its forms.

When a doctor treats a hash overdose, he or she will try to limit the effects of the drug and keep the patient’s body systems working properly. There’s no medication that can be given to drain the hash from the drug user’s system, but if the severity of symptoms can be limited, then the patient should get better within a few hours. If you bring a hash overdose patient to a doctor, be sure to let the doctor know as much information as is available about the patient’s drug intake. Try to find out whether any drugs were taken with the hash and describe all of the patient’s symptoms as completely as you can. Most hash overdose patients will be conscious and will be able to interact with their doctors.

A hash overdose may be a sign of an addiction, and many patients decide to seek addiction treatment after an overdose. Treatment for hash addiction is generally very effective, but absolutely necessary, as hash is psychologically addictive and psychiatric treatment is usually extremely helpful. Organizations like Narcotics Anonymous supply resources for hash and marijuana addicts.

...


Copyright © 2014 Internet Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Health Disclaimer | Cookies