A freedom to choose or privately express your own religion is a trait commonly seen in nearly all developed countries or colonies. Though, there are still areas of the world in which unfair biases still exist which may lead to an intense hatred or avoidance of religions outside of their own. This can even lead to violent outbreaks or unfair treatment of those with opposing viewpoints. Christianophobia deals with the extreme fear of Christians or the Christian faith. While not commonly seen in the United States, this phobia has been fairly predominant throughout the rest of the world.
Symptoms of Christianophobia
There are several ways to spot someone who may be christianophobic. If you or someone you know experience one of the following viewpoints, consider seeking professional therapy or external help in dealing with the situation:
- Conflicting religious views that lead to an intolerance of other religions outside of their own.
- An irrational fear that Christians are conforming together to take over the majority of the world.
- A fear that if Christians are not “stopped” they will do the same to their own religion.
- Avoidance of Christians
- Radically violent or complete intolerance of the Christian religion.
Common Facts About Christianophobia
While christianophobia does exist in some small pockets of the Untied States, it is much more commonly experienced in areas of the world where Christianity is not the primary religion. This fear does not only include those specifically expressing Christian faith but also to those who “support” the “Christian agenda.” This fear can be so severe it may cause christianophobes to start to avoid or even attack anyone who is expressing an external viewpoint. It is important to remember that this phobia is not something commonly seen in an individual. It is usually rooted in a group, where individuals pickup the viewpoint and carry it into their own personal lives.
Christianophobia cannot only hold you back in your life, it can also hold back others around you. This condition is not only an extreme or irrational fear of Christian people, it is usually coupled with a hatred of their religion. As a result, it leads to an unfair demeanor towards someone’s right for a personal choice. The tolerance of other religions has recently become a relatively significant issue in our society.
Making the effort for conquer the phobia will make a huge difference in your personal life, usually resulting in a more calm and collected composure in previously perceived stressful situations. If you are ready to make this positive change, on both a personal and social level, do some preliminary Internet research to find the best treatment options available locally to you.
- How christianophobia is affecting our world and read through recent cases and quotations regarding the subject
- How the rest of the world is dealing with this issue and how the idea can negatively impact our society
- Why the Vatican is lobbying for use of the term
- About how christianophobia exists in the Muslim world and how this plays into their persecution of Christians